Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Ecu Help

Old 04-20-2009, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon SE

Ok cool! thanks guys i should be able to get it now. i just didnt know if i should bend it that far!
Old 04-20-2009, 11:25 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Yeah, Nate is right. Once you pop the metal clip, it pulls back off of the pins. they don't stick out much, as you'll see when you get it off. 3/4 of the thickness of the harness connector is wires anyways.

Also of note, the first time we finally got mine off, it seemed as if there was a sealant, or something, that had acted as a glue. Once i cleaned that off, it has never been that hard again. It made a horrible sucking sound when we pulled it off finally. Just remember when you put it back together that you again have to take it to that extreme 90 degree or so angle to start off.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:29 AM

It didnt seem to hard to get the end with the metal clip off.. that part came off pretty easy.. and i thought i had it.. but it just didnt wanna come out of the clip.. but now that i know i have to bend it super far to get it out i should be ok.

Im installing the AEM F/IC.. which im sure is gonna be fun due to the location of the harness :S
Old 04-20-2009, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

You might try buying the 10" or so of accessible wiring, plus the connector to the ECM, from a part-out car. Use that to extend your harness. It may save "some" time upside-down with the floor bending your back wrong if you do it right. Do it wrong and you want a new harness 02.gif

At any rate (and this comes from one who's been there) you will benefit greatly from removing the driver's seat when you are up under there. Just mind the seatbelt wiring connector under the chair.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:18 PM

Yeah ive heard that taking the seat out helps alot.. Ill do that for sure

I dont think the install will be too bad.. its jus the crappy location of the wires.. soldering will be a pain in the ass in that tight space :S