Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Ebay Intakes

Old 08-01-2005, 11:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DIY for installing intake? Come on, it's something that I can do with my eyes closed and anyone should be able to do themselves.

for the custom intake that you can make out of Injen replica you'd just need a 3" 45 degree bend, cut it a little bit, then get a 3" coupler from home depot and connect it to your injen intake.

very easy.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:57 PM

I have a two-piece ebay Injen copy by Bomz. Came with a pretty nice filter, and the two-piece pipe setup is nice, I ran it as a short WAI for a solid month this past winter when there was a lot of slush and chemicals on the roads.

Look for one that comes with a larger cone filter, not a super narrow one. It will last longer.

I'm planning to pick up another one to add enough pipe so I can put the filter in the fender.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:23 PM

the only problem i had with my CAI off of ebay was the Air Temp. Sensor was a PITA to install. the had this little rubber grommet in the hole that was too small for the sensor, so if you tried just pushing the sensor in the grommet fell through the hole. i ended up having the put the grommet over the sensor, jam the sensor into the whole and take a scrath-awl and a flat head screwdriver and slowly work the grommet into the hole. it took like half an hour, but it's still better than paying $200+ for a fancy AEM
Old 08-08-2005, 08:45 PM

I'm with Zoned. If you're serious about an affordable intake, go with a poorman's AEM/Injen. From what I hear about E-bay intakes in general, the performance isn't really as mediocre as you would think. IMO you're just getting so much more than an intake when you get an AEM. Plus, you never have to switch to anything else because it's the best.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:45 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

As far as Ebay intakes go, I was considering going with this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Weapon-R-se...991916495QQrdZ1

but that's because I have a ram air hood. This along with those cheap heat sheilds they sell for the filter and I think it would work rather well.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:03 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Purpletib have you not learned anything?
That's called a Short Ram Intake .. AKA a WARM Air Intake.

GET THE AEM. You can find one for $175 just like that Weapon-Gay POS.

its ILLUSTRATE, not illistrate. LOL.
Ram air hose? WTF is that, it's not included and I've never heard of that before..
Turbo Velocity Stack? I see no turbo or stack, and the only velocity would be a shitload of HOT air.
High Density Foam Filter? Why would you want a foam filter? K&N makes a QUALITY filter, made of cotton/gauze/oil, foam=CHEAP.
Primary Airflow? Duh
Secondary Airflow? There's only one.....the primary^
Air Fusion? WTF?
Old 08-09-2005, 02:04 AM

That's my point. i have a RAM AIR hood. (Yes, the ugly nostril thing.) I would rather have a ram air intake than a CAI.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:13 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

okay, I think you should search about RAM air a little bit...

You will find many posts about TRUE RAM AIR, and how hard it is to achieve. I'm surprised you aren't calling your stock airbox ram air, there's a blower fan that points right at the intake! lmao.gif

The fact is, cold air is more dense than warm air, and even if you did increase the velocity of the air coming in, it's still very hot, meaning there's LESS of it as opposed to a CAI where you are actually getting MORE air into your engine because colder air particles are more condensed. Simple terms, a bottle full of warm air has less air molecules than the same size bottle full a cold air, by A LOT.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:51 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

QUOTE (zoned019 @ Aug 9 2005, 11:03 AM)

haha.gif
the best thing in this intake is.... that air is glowing inside the tube lmao.gif
Old 08-09-2005, 09:30 AM

I know that just this wont achieve a true ram air effect. If I could use it to somehow hook it up to the hood for a true ram air (filter has lip on it for hook up to ram air hose) I'm gonna try to. If not I'll go with a CAI. I guess it would be up for debate on what is better. A TRUE ram air, or CAI. I'm not a complete idiot when it comes to this. I guess I just didn't explain myself well enough.