Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Ebay Clutch

Old 11-11-2007 | 01:05 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...cTODAY.m238.lVI

so here's the deal, i need a cheap clutch kit to put in the tib to get it going while i tear into the 2.0 that i have to swap in. will this kit from ebay be decent or will i hate myself in the long run? i can get a stock kit from schuck's for around $180 but i only need this clutch to last till i can swap the 1.8 for the 2.0. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks ya'll.
Old 11-11-2007 | 01:20 PM

Vehicle: Turbocharged 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I (along with a few other people on this site) have gripforce clutches installed, mine (stage 3) works great and handles 12psi of boost just fine (my peak so far) and i give it 10 psi quite regularly.

Optimo recently had a problem with a chromoly flywheel tooth breaking, although mine works just fine, and thats the first time i've heard of any problems with the flywheel.

Some people say that the clutches are over-quoted, meaning if they say they can handle 280ft*lbs, they might start slipping past 250 or so, others have reached the quoted level without slipping.

But for a stock strength clutch? i wouldn't have a worry in the world purchasing it.
Old 11-11-2007 | 01:27 PM

that's great man. i've bought quite a few things online, but i'm still a little leary of things that are cheap but are an integral part of the car. i just really need to get the tib drivable again cause the truck is killer on gas.
Old 11-11-2007 | 02:30 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

I had their stage 3 and it was scuffing the friction surface mounting rivets after 15k miles of semi-hard driving.

But for an OEM style clutch, the friction surface is likely 3 times as thick as the stage 3 pucks so I wouldn't worry it either.

You probably won't even need it for more than 10-20k depending on how much you drive anyway so go for it.
Old 11-11-2007 | 03:45 PM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

For best price for value, OEM Valeo or OEM replacement SECO is the best choices. They're both stock clutches. I think the SECO may be better. Either way, OEM parts = Hyundai Quality. Valeo is the #1 choice for a stock clutch replacement.

Buy it!

My last clutch cost me $50 shipped. The one before that was $40 shipped. I run nitrous and had a bad motor mount until today. I thought my clutch was slipping, but it was the engine flopping. It runs great now.
Old 11-11-2007 | 04:33 PM

thanks for the info guys. i gotta wait a few more days for payday but i'm gonna get one of these.
Old 11-11-2007 | 06:54 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

yes it did chip and they wouldnt even warrenty it only though i bought it not even 4 months ago. they tried to say it was my starter but A. it was a new starter maybe 2 months old and B. the bendix gears on a starter are a soft metal thats nowhere near strong enough to break through strong steel. here are pics you can judge for yourself

the only reason im putting their flywheel back in is because they offered me one for 120 and i couldnt find another aftermarket that cheap. when tax season comes around i'm going to get a fidanza.