Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

E3 Spark Plugs? Anyone try them?

Old 06-16-2011 | 01:17 PM

Vehicle: '01 Tiburon

I put the E3 plugs in a my Van 2 years ago and it has a 350 small block. The reliability is wonderful. But when i got them the guy from my local auto parts store (O'Reilly) said that the plugs had been causing some sort of damage to the ignition system in newer Fords, specifically the Explorers and other light trucks.

I'm needing to replace the plugs soon, I would normally go with the E3, just because, but I want to know if anyone really runs them, and if they do has there been any problems.
Old 06-16-2011 | 05:55 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

that "damage" they were having were threads of the spark plug being weak and launching spark plugs out of the cylinder

the triton has COP so the plug would fly out of the cylinder, through the coil, and slam against the hood (some dents here and there most of the time it was ok)
Old 06-16-2011 | 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

The ford 5.4 had that problem with any plug if you didn't install them right. Up until the time they added a few threads for the spark plugs to the head.
Old 06-17-2011 | 10:31 AM

Vehicle: '01 Tiburon

Originally Posted by faithofadragon
that "damage" they were having were threads of the spark plug being weak and launching spark plugs out of the cylinder

the triton has COP so the plug would fly out of the cylinder, through the coil, and slam against the hood (some dents here and there most of the time it was ok)

LOL

I find the mental image of that Hilarious. Probably not so at the time, but hey whatever.