Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Dyno Day Results

Old 05-18-2002, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S
Default Dyno Day Results

Actual Dyno's will be posted later. here are the results

Techcontib Gen3 V6 4speed Auto
Full Stock Airbox and resonators
143.4 Ft. Lbs of Torque @ 3750 RPM
129.7 HP @ 5250 RPM

Random Special Gen3 V6
151.2 Ft. Lbs of Torque @ 4000 RPM
140.7 HP @ 6000 RPM

7.8 HP peak gain
11.0 Ft Lbs peak gain

Max HP Gain 14.2 HP @ 6500 RPM
Max Torque Gain 12.1 Ft Lbs @ 4750 RPM

Jaws021 Gen1 5-speed
HVE Headers 2.5" Cat Back, Magnaflow Muffler, Random Special Intake, Zex Plugs, Sparcko wires
125.9 HP @ 6100 RPM
118.3 FT Lbs @ 3200 RPM

Venon Nitrous Kit with Estimated 100 shot nozzle
184.3 HP @ 6300 RPM
200.5 Ft. Lbs @ 3750 RPM

58.4 HP Peak Gain
82.2 Ft. Lbs Peak Gain

Max HP Gain unavailable at this time
Max Torque unavailable at this time

SickYellowG60 Also Dyno'd his Corrado G60 (supercharged 1.8L) but his dyno was down about 25 HP and torque from his last dyno.

My dyno was down about 5 HP, but the same torque. We tried some quick tuning, it was running rich, so we tried to lean it out a tad, buy lowering the fuel pressure, but that just brought detonation, so we turned it back up. *sigh*...back to the drawing board!

I've got scans of all the dyno's and they will be posted sometime this week.

Before all of you Nitrous Oxide guys, pick up your phone to call your nearest VENOM dealer Read this.

Jaws021 was having HORRIBLE problems with the Venom kit. The kit shuts off when it detects a lean condition via the o2 sensor. It was shutting the nitrous off and on constantly through all three of his runs. The 100 Shot nozzle is just too much for the stock injectors at the stock fuel pressure. he plans to go down one nozzle size and keep it there until we can tune out an adjustable fuel pressure regulator for him. His dyno looks like a roller coaster ///// with HP swings of over 40 HP, and Torque swings over over 60 ft Lbs as the system shut itself off, then turned it self back on. It was NOT COOL. It did not do any apparent damage to the motor, but to be safe, he is backing down once nozzle size.

Other Dyno's of the day worth mentioning.

A stock motor (pistions/rods) but upgraded cams on a turbo Nissan SE-R.
382.4 HP to the wheels @ 22 PSI of boost.

A bone stock 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer
106.5 HP @ 5800 RPM
117.7 Ft Lbs @ 4250 RPM

A Bone Stock Volkswagon Golf GTI 1.8T (only 700 miles on it)
158.2 HP @ 6000 RPM
162.1 Ft Lbs @ 3200 RPM
Keep in mind this motor is only rated from VW at 180 HP and 177 Ft Lbs
Old 05-18-2002, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Days like this were i wish that both of us can go back in time, and change our minds about being the test cars for the alpine TC and SC.

Good gains on the random special. On that dyno, i bet the gains would match AEM if AEM dynoed their intake there.
Old 05-18-2002, 06:52 PM

yamaneko:
Good gains on the random special. On that dyno, i bet the gains would match AEM if AEM dynoed their intake there.
My car is going in on Monday to AEM. They are prototyping their CAI on my car. (Big thanks to Rob from Hyundai Performance!) I have the Random Special currently installed. I'll ask them if they would be interested in running a dyno stock/RS CAI/AEM CAI just to see what kind of differences there are. I'm sure they would like to.

The funniest thing would be if their CAI ran the same or worse than the RS CAI.. haha.. but hopefully that won't happen.
Old 05-19-2002, 07:21 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Tiburon GT

Random, check this out. This is the dyno of Tibby V6 with a 6speed tranny. It seems like it loses MUCH less power than an automatic version. And the torque number is very impressive!

Old 05-19-2002, 11:15 AM

Sounds like the Venom kit was a wash out. But that is what I figured... the stock injectors will max out their duty cycle fairly quickly. So the ZEX kit with the Fuel pressure riser will give more power overall.

If only Matt at ZEX could put in a feedback system so that if the hose to the fuel pressure regulator comes off... the nitrous solenoid would stop triggering.
Old 05-19-2002, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Stuttering nitrous can't be healthy, esp. a 100 shot!

Random, I never thought I would wish I hadn't left california. Oh well, I guess there will eventually by dyno days here too... frown
Old 05-19-2002, 04:41 PM

heres the thing with the venom

venom DOES NOT go by "shots." They go by nozzle sizes
We are not sure what "shot" to label it as,...so i took a pick,... i tested it on 1st gear,... no problem,... 2nd gear,... no problem
unfortunately the dyno run was on 3rd gear, which was untested.

Venom only gives 4 nozzles for either 4cyl,6cyl, or 8cyl applications

The 4 that you get are THEIR recommendation for what ever engine you have. They did say start off small then work your way up,... but me an my MITSUBISHI tiburon thought it could handle the highest wimpy 4cyl nozzle,.... i guess i was wrong tongue.gif
Im going to do exactly what they said

The whole nozzle fiasco was MY fault for not doing the proper way and being power hungry sad.gif

Between the ZEX and Venom,.... VENOM

I enjoy the kit a lot more, plus the safety switch is a BIG plus.
As of right now im trying to figure out an approximate "shot" for each nozzle. I will post later once i figure out which nozzle is safe for the tibby.
smile.gif
Old 05-19-2002, 06:58 PM

Actually isn't the Venom kit a Dry kit. Injects nitrous and the sub ECU controls the fuel through the stock fuel injectors. Although it is a very sophiticated one.

Like I said the Venom kit has an additional limitation... the duty cycle of the injectors. Someone should get an OBD II reader on the car when the Venom kit is active. I wonder when the venom ECU cuts off the nitrous?... 80% duty cycle... which severely limits power output or if it lets it go higher... risking inaccurate flow rates.

This is a case where using a slightly higher fuel pressure would be beneficial. Run with the higher pressure daily... have the OBDII adapt to lower duty cycles. Then when you use the Venom, you have a little more "headroom" with the injector duty cycles for extra power. Just a suggestion. smile.gif
Old 05-20-2002, 12:28 AM

On the auto GT (shiftTragic) what gear where they in?
Might explain some of the low numbers (espeicaly if they tested if 4th)
If they tested in thIrd Im gonna bang my head against the wall hard several times. rolleyes.gif
Old 05-20-2002, 01:04 AM
BV1

The bored IM/TB (58mm) showed a 7-8 HP gain on my tib. I got the JAWS01 CAI and a Gen 1 catback (no 2nd cat). Waiting for the cam still... Huge difference, Last week without the bored IM I actually lost to Neo_Tib by about half a car in the 1/4. He didnt even have the catback or the pulley, just a muffler and the CAI + 17" Rims. He really got me bad in the stat and I couldnt catch up. This week, he got me a bit in the start and then I just walked away. I beat him by about a car and a half in the 1/4 and I was walking away fast. Very good mod to do!
-Steve