Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

dreaming up an n/a tib

Old 11-19-2010 | 02:21 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

um, we dont have forged rods, we have a forged crank though

the betas been pushed to 400hp (ask tanc) completely stock
Old 11-19-2010 | 04:27 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Beta Swapped Accent

I have seen a few Beta 1's with more then 400 HP, but thats not the thing. There are people that don't like turbo!
Old 11-19-2010 | 04:29 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Originally Posted by faithofadragon
um, we dont have forged rods, we have a forged crank though

the betas been pushed to 400hp (ask tanc) completely stock

But don't last long with 8200rpm

Old 11-20-2010 | 12:30 AM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

LOL The Beta Has a really long Stroke, I see no point in taking mine that high, I have my Rev limit at 7250, as that is were my torque curve starts to fall.
Old 11-20-2010 | 01:39 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Starts to fall due to head/cam restrictions. I had power all the way to red line
Old 11-20-2010 | 08:47 AM

Yea, I have 1mm Over sized valves, and it is bored out just about as big as you can bored it... But still drops torque, probably cause my turbo is a small Ar... I got the Gt30 .48Ar... I am pretty much right at its limits, but i am okay with that, cause this thing is stupid fun on the streets!!!
Old 11-22-2010 | 07:15 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Just relaying the info I found (not on this forum). They at least look stronger then most domestic stock rods. Using an H type construction. And with a good tune anything is possible. However for longevity I would not push a stock engine with this high of compression past the 350hp mark considering the base hp. But yes you can push these engine upper 500hp if the tune is good. How long it would last would depend on how well the tune is and how good the management system is in dealing with real world variations from fuel quality to elevation and air temps etc. The same would go with a high horse powered NA car. The longevity of the engine depends on the tune more then what is inside the car. A perfectly mapped and fully upgraded engine with a bad tune will tank well before an engine built on the cheap but with a great tune pushing out the same HP and Torque numbers.
Old 11-22-2010 | 01:47 PM

Vehicle: MC + RD2 + AW11 + 944 = 4x Win

Wait, who makes a block girdle for the beta?

Pardon the random interjection, but I haven't seen these for our cars before and that would be integral for a killer build.

Also lots of talk of BBTBs but has anyone done ITBs?

In my n/a build on the 944 I saw a world of difference from 4 50mm TBs rather than the stock unit. Granted there was also appropriate head work to justify and I'll be doing a bore/stroke when I get the necessary garage to house a full on project car. Granted a turbo build on the tibs would still be much less for folds more output.
Old 11-23-2010 | 09:17 AM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

If you go independent I would do Mikuni tbs precise and easy to adjust or rebuild as necessary. Would you be mounting them directly to the head or would you be installing a custom manufactured intake manifold? Unfortunately you don't really see too much gain in tb as you do independent carbs. But either way it would be cool to see if you go that route. If we go crazy what about inverting the engine and trans 180 degrees so you can run your intake directly to the front of the hood and make a ram air hood with the shortest amount of intake possible. Plus you minimize the extra head of the exhaust system at the radiator and as long as you wrapped the header you shouldn't experience too much extra heat in the cab of the car. And obviously lightening the crank and rotating components are a must.
Old 11-23-2010 | 11:15 AM

Block Gridles are not advertised for us.. when i had my last motor built the builder "Kevin @ Speedfactory Racing" Saw that the motor more than likely shelled out due to a spun bearing.. So custom made a girdle... And had to make a new oil pick up from the pump and also had to tear out the old oil baffling and make one from scratch.. But I know have no fear lol.. They did make a template of it, if you want i can get you pricing, they also made a template of my turbo mani..