Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Difference between SHORT RAM & COLD AIR INTAKE

Old 07-16-2004 | 06:11 AM

This is a V4:

That is out of one of my favorite cars.. The Lancia Fulvia Coupe HF1600. It is a front wheel drive car.. with the engine all but mashed into the left front of the car.. surprisingly, it was a good handling car with all the weight up there.. it didn't understeer that much, but you could practically pivot the car on it's nose with a combination of steering and brake.
Old 07-16-2004 | 06:34 AM

I have an Injen Ram Air Intake on my Tib and absolutly love it. It is the more practical choice over the CAI. You can however feel different HP gains depending on different variables. Well the best example of this is if you crush it with no one in front of you, you will feel a larger gain that if someone is in front of you (blocking your air flow). I'm not sure how the HP gains differ between the two but if anyone else knows smile.gif
Old 07-16-2004 | 07:04 AM

i think the short rams are anywhere between 7 and 12 hp depending on what the filter is made out of, whereas the CAI is capable of almost 20hp increase with ideal conditions (depending on the brand and if it's one or two piece)

i know those weapon R dragon short rams can increase quite a bit due to their weird space foam
Old 07-16-2004 | 08:32 AM

sorry... gotta contest that. yea... says 20 horsepower... didnt feel 20 horsepower when i put mine on. these parts places always claim a lot of horsepower but honestly you dont get that much with the CAI... you get some, just not THAT much
Old 07-16-2004 | 08:42 AM

Most of the gains in power that the companies claim are with a modified engine. In fact every company when announcing the power gains that the car receives is talkin about the car when its modified. I dont think any intake could get more of a power gain then 10hp with a stock engine. lol.gif
Old 07-16-2004 | 08:51 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Okay guys, CAI's have been discussed in depth, and the lady obviously WAS on the wrong forums.

Locked.