Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Cooler spark plug part number

Old 05-30-2002 | 12:12 PM

Default Cooler spark plug part number

Anyone know the part number for the NGK power V copper spark plugs that are a range COLDER than our stock ones? I have the box from the last batch I bought, but want to go a range cooler (since the turbo will go on during the life of these plugs).

Thanks,
AC
Old 06-01-2002 | 02:27 PM

Well, Since NGK is the bastard Child (Like Denso) You will have to RAISE the heat range number in the stocking number of the plug for the heat range to get colder..... The STOCK number is BKR5E-11.. (OR 6953) The 6953 is the part number you would ask for in the parts store..

Therefore, for a colder plug, you will change the 5 in the BKR5E-11 to a 6.. Hence a BKR 6 E-11.. Commonly refered to as a Stocking number 2756

That should get you one range colder..

2 ranges colder will make you a BKR7E-11 Or a 1283 stocking number..

That should take care of you, man..

~Matt
Old 06-01-2002 | 02:53 PM

Curtas!!
What Turbo set-up are you going with?
Old 06-02-2002 | 05:40 AM

Hey, thanks for the reply. Went to NAPA and got it no problems. I'll have to remember that for when the turbo is on. I may even go another range colder (we'll read the plugs and see, first).

2UNIQ,
I'm going to be running a Garrett T25 on Onpol's old manifold (a copy anyways) using his old Turbonetics Deltagate MKII wastegate. I'm using a Eclipse GSX fuel pump, regulated by a Powerdyne 12:1 rising rate fuel pressure regulator. I'm looking at SAAB intercoolers (although I've lost the last couple of ebay auctions for them), and I have the mounting flange for a 1st Gen Eclipse BOV. UFB is supplying me with a downpipe and adapter flange. All that's left after that is heat wrapping, piping and couplings.

Right now the goal is 5 psi, which should put me at the 190 to 200 hp mark (crank). That's ideal, I'm not sure what to expect. At this point, the goal is: faster without blowing up the motor.

My target is July/August to do the major install work. I'm on a tight budget, so I'm sacrificing time for money (i.e. buying things slower).

I'll let you all know how it goes.

ac
Old 06-02-2002 | 11:51 AM

I was told that ZEX has a plug that will fit tiburons that runs colder for nitrous and turbo apps. Anyone tried any?
Old 06-02-2002 | 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Ramanar:
I was told that ZEX has a plug that will fit tiburons that runs colder for nitrous and turbo apps. Anyone tried any?
Yes, I've tried running the Zex plugs rather than the NGK V-power at 2 heat ranges colder. Same results, so they seem comparable, but the NGK plugs are $1 to $1.50 each, but the Zex plugs are $5 each. Make your own decision.
Old 06-03-2002 | 03:09 AM

Thanks,
Sounds like I'll get the NGK for that price! wink