Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Clutch Suggestions?

Old 04-24-2008, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

GREAT choice for the flywheel man!

As far as the fx400 goes, you can choose 4 puck - more harsh engagement but holds more, or 6 puck - smoother engagement but holds nearly as much as the 4 puck. You can also choose solid or sprung hub - obviously the solid will be harsh as hell.

I went with the 6 puck sprung hub to make it easier to drive and I'll tell you I can get it to engage from a stop as smooth as the stocker and when I want it to it grips like HELL. I would bet it would hold 400 ft. lbs no problem, I am in the high 200's (at about 300 hp) now and it's holding strong. Like I said spins both 225 kdws through second and they are grippy tires.

I say go for it!

You can call CM they have EXCELLENT customer service, if you have any questions.

And contact importshark or kjbmotorsports for a good deal.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

^^I am sporting a 4 puck FX400 with sprung and all I can say is it is pretty awsome. It holds as hell (I am running a bit over 300 hp -247 WHP). Clutch engagement is a bit harsh in the begining but as soon as you get used to it and "catch up" with it it is almost like stocker - almost no chatter.