Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Clutch Question

Old 04-27-2006, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2004 Lincoln Aviator

first off please understand why i am posting this before anyone yells at me about searching. I just lost my breach of warrenty lawsuit against hyundai today and im in a really bad mood. please go easy on me.

I want a clutch cause mine is close to being shot. I didnt search because I need a comprehensive opinion based answer. Not miles of forum pages of jibberish about clutches.
I dont really want to drop 800 dollars on a clutch kit if i dont have to because i cant decide whether or not to keep the car I want a reliable clutch that isnt to extreme. a flywheel would be cool but isnt neccesary. what I want is some opinions as the best way to go for the money. should i drop 300 on just a clutchmaster or similar clutch or should i hit ebay up for a decent price kit like the ones below and are they any good. All i really want is some good, well educated suggestions from people with experience in the area. If you have never bought a clutch for a tib or you dont know much about it please dont waste the space on a post. I know a guy over at EXD bought the XTD kit below in the ebay link and he is happy. any and all help would be appriciated guys. Thanks

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?c...heel&category0=
Old 04-27-2006, 04:20 PM

i remember reading a complaint about one of the stock replacement clutches from ebay... so beware

You might wanna look at clutchnet.com

I have their stage 4 and love it.

You might wanna ask them for OEM replacements. Oh i forgot to mention... THEY ARE CHEAP.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon Turbo, 99 Tiburon F2E, 2013 Avalon XLE Touring

I have the XTD and it was ok. It was the stage 3 and grabbed like one. But it didn't hold the 280ftlbs they claimed. At least I'm pretty sure I wasn't putting that much power down at the time.
But it will hold 200whp easily.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:56 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Funny you bring this up because I was looking for similar info. I have heard good things about the F1 racing brand clutches, but same goes for the XTD. As of now Im still debating between these two:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XTD-STAGE-3...86569QQtcZphoto

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F1-RACING-S...itemZ8060474798

If anyone has any input about which (if either) is better than the other that would be great, Im sure silvershark would be interested in that information as well.

Also as a side note Ill be running ~12-15psi which airborne tells me could put me close to 250hp. (keyword could lol) Think the XTD would hold that Jon?
Old 05-01-2006, 09:08 PM

bump?
Old 05-02-2006, 10:35 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

im not b****en but dayme.... its in the group buy section.
vhr
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=12976

x-trm super single clutch kit
http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=14078

both from airborne maybe you should pm him and ask? he's in korea and prolly knows whats best for our cars. better yet mad john will know best too.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:04 AM

no offense, but are you blind? lol. we were both looking for cheaper clutch alternatives, $200 rather that $750...
Old 05-03-2006, 06:09 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

well not 700 ,575 shipped.

the clutches on ebay are close to 400 why not get everything for 175 more? its like asking why should i not get a clone the aem is more. its just better and your prolly gonna have it for the rest of the life of your car. im not blind i read everything and looked at every1's link's. this would be better for you in my opinion.

also you didnt specify how much you wanted a clutch for as a matter of fact if you would have read your own post or silversharks post the only price mentioned was for it to be under 800 or just a clutch for 300 or a set up showing 400.

soo i was tryin to help, but never mind go buy a ebay clutch i hope it craps on you.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:44 PM

i meant it in a joking manner, im sorry, didnt mean to offend you. and i on the other hand hope i dont get a clutch that shits out on me! hehe