Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Clutch N Tranny

Old 06-03-2008, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 06 suby impreza outback sport

i started off with trying to put the wing i bought from yamaha on then decided i didnt' want to drill any holes in my car today. so i started taking off everything so i can put my new clutch in. It wasn't pretty! i drained the tranny and all you saw was silver and gold, metal pieces everywhere. one of the bushings for the shift linkage was torn too. i started taking some pics but i'll post everything up when i'm finished.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:39 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

way to post this twice. i deleted one. another member of staff deleted the other topic. soooo, i had to revitalize one of 'em. so yea...

so yea. opened back up! hump.gif
Old 06-05-2008, 04:32 PM

it sat over night so the metal shavings are at the bottom now.

resurfaced flywheel

old tranny

new tranny

old clutch n flywheel

so it's all back together now but i think the slave cylinder is bad. sometimes it starts up n sometimes not. you can hear the starter clicking. it seems like the throw out bearing is not clicking in to the pressure plate but everything is bolted up.

so the battery was the problem. i was driving around then the car just shut off. i checked and the ecu fuse blew. i replaced it over and over and still blows. the checked all the other fuses and wires to make sure there's nothing wrong. my only guess is the ecu itself is fried. HELP ME OUT SOMEONE!!!!!

found the problem, i had my friend put the down pipe on and he had the O2 wires touching the down pipe and a wire fried. all i did was electrical tape it back and now i'm good. the tranny is kinda rough though, sat in the garage for 4-6 months. clutch grabs nice, can't wait for it to break in.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Good to see you found the problem. What fluid are you using in this one?
Old 06-05-2008, 07:10 PM

mobil but i'm going to switch it on my next oil change. gonna let this fluid be the one to flush the tranny out. when i poured the old tranny fluid out there was some pretty good size metal chunks.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:16 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

OK. I would reccomend the Redline. That stuff is great.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:11 AM

so far 250+ miles and grabbing harder now.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:33 PM

I heard that mobile stuff isnt good for our trannys. Id get some redline mt-90 for that tranny... makes shifting much better. Heres where I bought mine (seems to be the cheapest place)

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/product...ansmission_Lube
Old 06-15-2008, 11:22 PM

Vehicle: 1998/Hyundai/Tiburon FX

Yeah^^^ Mobil 1 is a gl-5 fluid that damages certain plastic and brass components of our transmissions. Take that stuff out ASAP and put some OEM Hyundai 75/80 or some Royal Purple 75/90 or Redline MT-90. Quite frankly the trans feels the same with all three fluids. Dealer stuff is $15/quart though, but it is what the manual calls for as far as viscosity goes, no other company that I have found makes a 75/80, it is MUCH thinner than the others I have mentioned in the 75/90 form. Your call.

Nice pics! Looks like the old trans was leaking oil from nearly every seal! Did it still shift and run in every gear?
Old 06-16-2008, 07:29 PM

i'm only using that fluid for now to flush out the tranny. the tranny leaked in every single spot, it was hard to get to my odd gears(1,3,5) and reverse.. i'm at 355 miles now, starting to grip harder but i definately need to change to the right clutch fluid.