Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Clutch Install Problem...

Old 11-28-2006 | 09:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

Shouldnt have paid him until after job was done in which case you shouldnt have paid him at all
Old 11-28-2006 | 10:03 PM

I only paid for original labor plus a stock clutch kit.... luckily that Stage 2 didn't cost much, but if I find a way to prove it was his error then believe me I WILL be going back there....
Old 11-28-2006 | 10:37 PM
Banned

see where it contacts in the middle.. it seems that mine touches there also.. hmmmm, maybe when the TOB is pulled out, mine will be fine, we will see i guess..

i think it was mechanics error tho..
Old 11-29-2006 | 07:21 AM

interesting.. a little lube to get the splines onto the shaft I can see.. but I think that is FAR too much. Honestly, I never used lube when installing a clutch. I have to wonder if some got on the pressure plate or the disc and contaminated it.

Also, talk to the people you bought the original setup from. See if you can return it for a refund or to see if it is damaged by the mechanic. Be upfront about it to them, see what they say.. either way, you will be getting some money back from somebody.
Old 11-29-2006 | 08:26 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ Thats what it looks like to me anyway. They used too much lube trying to get it together, and that lube made contact with the disc surface and made it slip.

Either way, thats much lube was unnecessary.