Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Clutch Install Problem...

Old 11-23-2006, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill keep y'all updated... I won't hear anything back till Monday though...

I can tell ya one thing and that is that I won't recommend or ever take my stuff back to them again...
Old 11-27-2006, 05:42 PM

Mechanic got the Tranny open today..... Says the PP and clutch disc are burnt.... and says its due to a faulty PP....

I am so pissed right now..... He wants to order a new clutch kit from his supplier and put that one in.....

I wanted a stage 2 and now its fried? WTF? I have to have my Tib back this week I can't just wait for another XTD kit to get here, so it looks like I'm going with a kit from them....I think he said "LUK" was the brand.... Will a stock clutch be alright with my 11lb Flywheel???

NEVER AGAIN am I going back there.....

I'll hopefully get the Tib back tomorrow after all this crap...albeit with a stock clutch.... at least I'll still have a lightweight Flywheel after all this...
Old 11-27-2006, 05:57 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

dark shark...

can you take pics of the clutch and pp or any parts of the opened tranny that you can take

now, i just wonder if this is really an XTD defect or what.. i mean there are some guys running XTD's here that has good reviews but there is quite some words out there that XTD sucks
Old 11-27-2006, 06:13 PM

Ill have pics tomorrow evening of the parts after I get them back from the shop.... you guys can make your own deductions from the pics, but Im leaning toward mechanic error and not part defect.

We'll see tomorrow when he installs the stock kit that is under warranty... If this new one f***s up then I will be calling the BBB on his ass and get my money back, because if it happens again then it shows he did it wrong the first time...
Old 11-27-2006, 07:13 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

dark shark,

we will be expecting that pic!!! please do your best to take some.

this way, hopefully... we can all have a broader idea with XTD and lean onto your mechanic's mistake(s)

did you have to pay more labor then?

also, do you still need an oil pan? i have one lying around as a backup
Old 11-28-2006, 07:24 PM

Will do with that pic...

And yeah Im still looking for an oil pan... did you see that pic i posted of it? its pretty bad... lol

Ok got the Tib back today... THANK YOU GOD. I ended up with a LUK clutch kit and the XTD Chrome-moly Flywheel...

It is so much better now that it doesn't slip...

Here are pics of the XTD Stage 2 Clutch kit after the mechanic drove it down the road twice... only 2-3 miles...

You can see where it "burned" from the friction caused by major slippage...

The mechanic had no problem with the LUK kit install, so it looks like a faulty PP... even though I can't see how it's "bad"... confused.gif
Old 11-28-2006, 07:41 PM

There is no way the centre of your disc should look like that. NOTHING should be making contact with it there. This looks more like mechanic error.
Old 11-28-2006, 08:16 PM

Oh, I know what you mean and I thought the same thing, but upon further examination that gray stuff wipes off and is greasy like some kind of lube...
Old 11-28-2006, 09:02 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

..... never heard of clutch pad lube before guy...
Old 11-28-2006, 09:14 PM

You haven't? Damn. I lube my clutch at the same time that I change my blinker fluid lmao.gif

But it is some sort of grease I can tell you that much. I dunno what the hell its doing there but it is there... Thus the confusion as to what the f*** went wrong.... lol