Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Clutch Install Problem...

Old 11-21-2006, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked WebTech and that helps a little, but the DIY links are broken...
Old 11-21-2006, 10:03 PM
Banned

did you do what i told you... what do u need to know.. i can help ya, i just did my clutch last week.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:15 PM

The Tib is on the lift at the Tranny shop so I can't get to it right now... I'm just trying to compile a list of things to have the tech check when we crack the tranny open again tomorrow... I need to prove it was his bad and not my parts that are bad...
Old 11-21-2006, 10:38 PM
Banned

well. if the TOB was installed in the pressure plate first, your fork wouldnt engage/dissengage

the slave cyl. COULD be the problem, because it might not be fully moving the lever to pull the pressure plate out, or let it back in..

they could have put the disk on backwards, and put the sprung hub side towards the flywheel. and if thats the case, the contact surface of the clutch WILL NOT sit flush on the flywheel contact surface, IT NEEDS to look like this..

the sprung hub part of it should be facing the pressure plate.. if its on the other side, and you try driving it, the hub will contact the flywheel and the pucs WILL not. this could be very bad for the clutch and the flywheel. in theory, when you started the car up, and tried driving, the only thing that would be letting the car move, is the force the PP puts on the clutch, and forces the sprung hub to push against the INNER part of the flywheel.

im thinking it COULD be installed with the hub side facing towards the block.

needs to sit like this

see how one part is flat, other as the hub.. the hub goes on the PP side..

make SURE you are there watching him, so he CANT charge you if he f***ed up.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:48 AM

THNX man, for the in-depth post... This will be a great help when I go tomorrow....

I was getting the feeling earlier over the phone that the guy doesn't work on alot of imports.... of course this was AFTER he did the work....

Ill post how it goes tomorrow... Hopefully all goes well and its a mechanic error that didn't f*** anything up....

I talked to him today and he knew about the TOB onto the fork and pull on clutch lever thing... He also said the slave cylinder was good...

He wants to drive it again this morning and see if its any better... He said that some new clutches have a film or something that can cause it to slip at first....

After he drives it he'll call me back and tell me if it worked but if it doesn't we're gonna have to open it up again....
Old 11-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Banned

any update man.. i really wanna here whats going on with this.. make sure you are there if he is gonna crack it open again so you dont have to pay for it, if its his fault..
Old 11-22-2006, 02:29 PM

He called me and said it still was slipping and that he still thinks its the PP... I am gonna be there when he takes it apart, but he hasn't called me to tell me he's started yet... so I'm just waiting for a phone call, which I hate doing no matter what the occasion..
Old 11-22-2006, 03:04 PM
Banned

hmm. i HATE waiting on calls..

seems really weird that it would be the PP did the pressure plate seem flimsy when you got it or anything? hmm.. keep us updated tho.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:46 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

duuude if thats the case about the film your mechanic is a dumbass. all pp and clutches should be wiped with brake clean to remove it first. mechanics 101. if he didnt do that simple step i wonder whatelse he cut corners on
Old 11-23-2006, 06:13 PM

Vehicle: 03 Beta Accent and 03 S2K

i just installed a stage 3 xtd in my beta accent and at first it slipped a little. even with about half throttle. it has stopped slipping now about 200 miles later and i can chirp the tires in 2nd. maybe the mechanic is stupid and got oil or somethin on your pp or fw?