Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Clutch Frustration

Old 04-14-2009, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi all ,
i posted some time ago but my thread was closed in gripes section,but my clutch croaked in dec.
A buddy was to help me out to get me by thru xmas, but ended up with problem as clutch started slipping after he fixed. I brought it back a few times, but the last time it was slipping so bad I barely made it up the overpass, so we managed to get another clutch & replace it last week(yes, now it`s April).
So, i take it home, drive it a few times & notice after 50 kms it is starting to slip again.I have brought it back again, but the clutch manufacturer mentioned these clutches should be put in backwards to conventional clutches as this is a pull system instead of a push system as most clutches are.
Anybody with ideas would be appreciated as i have spent a lot of money on this & still can`t drive the damn car
getting discouraged daily

z
Old 04-14-2009, 09:28 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Did you do the clutch freeplay adjustment? The clutch pedal should have a bit of free play at the top. I don't want to misquote you, i think it's supposed to be about 3-7mm.

Did they charge you to resurface the pressure plate, or did they replace the pressure plate?

They may have got oil on the clutch surface, which will render a clutch useless thereafter.

That push/pull thing dosn't really matter as far as the installation of our clutches.. It only goes in one way or you'll hear some really bad noises.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as i know, flywheel was resurfaced, no oil on it , & pedal grabbed near the bottom when i first picked it up, but by 50 kms it was @ the top of the pedal when i let it out. It actually slipped when under a mild load.....