Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

CLeaning the engine Bay

Old 06-08-2002, 11:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

Hi all your opinions are great,but listen to sth else i do for extra extra ultra cleaning.
You gi at the gas station and fill up a bottle with diesel oil yes diesel oil.Then put the diesel in a spray can a gadget that can spray,like the one the hairdressers use.Then start spraying all over your engine bay.no worry about anything.
Then go to your gas station and blow with the high presure air tube inside your engine bay.It will be ultra ultra clean believe me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ive seen this being done at the Rally Acropolis cars.
Also Tommi Makinnens team does that to his WRX.
If you have any wax stains somewhere rub it with a rug and some diesel on it.Diesel has no acids to burn cables etc etc so no fear at all like with all the other chemical stuff

PS>Maybe your interior after will smell like a bit of Diesel but dont worry..open your windows turn on the fan at no4 and drive a bit fast.This will take of the diesel smell.Your car will now run better and cooler.Also diesel protects all rubbers,cables,flanges etc etc

If you dont wanna blow air on your engine bay you can sweep it after with a soft rug no problem>>>>
Old 06-09-2002, 02:04 AM

Vehicle: 1997 accent L

Its not the air i was worried about, its throwing diesel (FLAMABLE) on my engine (HOT). eek!

I use greased lightning, concentrated, the degrease and cd2 to shine. Be careful with greased lightning cause it'll eat away at aluminum and finishes...
Old 06-09-2002, 03:36 AM

Hmm....
At work, I just spray on good ol' Mopar Engine Shampoo. Spray the whole damn engine with it, wash the stuff off with the pressure washer(DO NOT LET THIS STUFF SIT. IT EATS PAINT). After that, just dry the engine with an air hose.
Old 06-09-2002, 03:47 AM

Angelos:
Hi all your opinions are great,but listen to sth else i do for extra extra ultra cleaning.
You gi at the gas station and fill up a bottle with diesel oil yes diesel oil.Then put the diesel in a spray can a gadget that can spray,like the one the hairdressers use.Then start spraying all over your engine bay.no worry about anything.
Then go to your gas station and blow with the high presure air tube inside your engine bay.It will be ultra ultra clean believe me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Diesel fuel will irritate the hell out of your skin if you come into contact with it. This is NOT a good idea.

[b]
Maybe your interior after will smell like a bit of Diesel but dont worry..open your windows turn on the fan at no4 and drive a bit fast. This will take of the diesel smell.
I'm sorry but that has got to be the dumbest auto detailing tip I have EVAR heard.

[b]
Your car will now run better and cooler.
Please explain to me as to how cleaning your engine with diesel fuel makes a car run better and cooler? rolleyes.gif

[b]
Also diesel protects all rubbers, cables, flanges, etc. etc.
Does diesel fuel have some secret ingredient that I don't know about? There are far less odiforous, less irritating and more sensible products that can do all of that.

[b]
If you dont wanna blow air on your engine bay you can sweep it after with a soft rug no problem
*dead*
Old 06-09-2002, 04:33 AM

Hootie:
Angelos:
Diesel fuel will irritate the hell out of your skin if you come into contact with it. This is NOT a good idea.

[b]
Maybe your interior after will smell like a bit of Diesel but dont worry..open your windows turn on the fan at no4 and drive a bit fast. This will take of the diesel smell.
I'm sorry but that has got to be the dumbest auto detailing tip I have EVAR heard.

[b]
Please explain to me as to how cleaning your engine with diesel fuel makes a car run better and cooler? rolleyes.gif

[b]
Does diesel fuel have some secret ingredient that I don't know about? There are far less odiforous, less irritating and more sensible products that can do all of that.

[b]
If you dont wanna blow air on your engine bay you can sweep it after with a soft rug no problem
*dead*
I told you to spray the diesel not touch it continuously for a long time.But even if you touch it no irritation occurs.You have to rub ot for many hours for your hands to get irritated.
Dear Hootie its not the dumbest tip youve ever heard.If you happen to know at all the Diesel generators and also gasoline generators that are used in smaller or larger ships they do this trick with the diesel for cleaning every 200hours of operation.They do that cause the factory doesnt wax these motors initially.So please be a bit more polite please.I happen to know some things too.Anyway no bad feelings.diesel oil contains a percentage of naptha inside which eliminates all the acids{organic and non/organic}.This means that no fear for your motors soft equipment such as plastic and rubber.All the products sold at the market have to be washed immediately after use.And this happens because they contain degreasers and some percentage of organic acids.If you use these products regularly you sure will have problems of corruption of parts of your motor.Finally regarding motor sweeping i mentioned that either you can use pressurized air which in our case is better because Diesel oil exhausts{evapourates}very quickly,or if you cant do that just sweep the diesel with a soft rug.Car will run cooler after because all of the dust elements will have been absorbed from the diesel.
Ok guys i know that Diesel is flammable but it cannot in any way cause any problem of fire or sth else at engine operation.The amount of Diesel that will remain on your motor is minor ands it will evaporate after 1 or 2 minutes operation of your engine.So no worries...Hope i helped a bit..
Furthermore i use diesel oil in my engine bay since 1998 when i bought my tibby and it looks as new after 5 years!!!!!!!!My dealer couldnt believe it when he saw my engine bay....
Finally do you think Tommi Makinens racing team wants to destroy its rally car???I dont think so....
That was just my opinion Hootie.If you dont like it its up to you not to follow it.Good luck..
Old 06-09-2002, 04:35 AM

Hootie:
Angelos:

[b]

[b]

[b]

[b]
*dead*
I told you to spray the diesel not touch it continuously for a long time.But even if you touch it no irritation occurs.You have to rub ot for many hours for your hands to get irritated.
Dear Hootie its not the dumbest tip youve ever heard.If you happen to know at all the Diesel generators and also gasoline generators that are used in smaller or larger ships they do this trick with the diesel for cleaning every 200hours of operation.They do that cause the factory doesnt wax these motors initially.So please be a bit more polite please.I happen to know some things too.Anyway no bad feelings.diesel oil contains a percentage of naptha inside which eliminates all the acids{organic and non/organic}.This means that no fear for your motors soft equipment such as plastic and rubber.All the products sold at the market have to be washed immediately after use.And this happens because they contain degreasers and some percentage of organic acids.If you use these products regularly you sure will have problems of corruption of parts of your motor.Finally regarding motor sweeping i mentioned that either you can use pressurized air which in our case is better because Diesel oil exhausts{evapourates}very quickly,or if you cant do that just sweep the diesel with a soft rug.Car will run cooler after because all of the dust elements will have been absorbed from the diesel.
Ok guys i know that Diesel is flammable but it cannot in any way cause any problem of fire or sth else at engine operation.The amount of Diesel that will remain on your motor is minor ands it will evaporate after 1 or 2 minutes operation of your engine.So no worries...Hope i helped a bit..
Furthermore i use diesel oil in my engine bay since 1998 when i bought my tibby and it looks as new after 5 years!!!!!!!!My dealer couldnt believe it when he saw my engine bay....
Finally do you think Tommi Makinens racing team wants to destroy its rally car???I dont think so....
That was just my opinion Hootie.If you dont like it its up to you not to follow it.Good luck..
Old 06-09-2002, 04:43 AM

Hootie has just been owned
Old 06-09-2002, 06:36 AM

Angelos:
I told you to spray the diesel not touch it continuously for a long time. But even if you touch it no irritation occurs. You have to rub it for many hours for your hands to get irritated.
Personal experience. Diesel fuel does irritate the skin. Perhaps Diesel Marine fuel is different from diesel auto fuel. Then again I do have sensative skin.

[b]
Dear Hootie its not the dumbest tip youve ever heard.
Ok, it's the dumbest one I've heard in a while.

[b]
If you happen to know at all the Diesel generators and also gasoline generators that are used in smaller or larger ships they do this trick with the diesel for cleaning every 200hours of operation.
Well, I'm on a Naval vessel with a GAS TURBINE engine and several generators and we don't do things like that here. As I mentioned there are far better products available to do the same job.

[b]
please be more polite please. I happen to know some things too.
1. NO
2. I'm proud of you.

[b]
All the products sold at the market have to be washed immediately after use.And this happens because they contain degreasers and some percentage of organic acids.If you use these products regularly you sure will have problems of corruption of parts of your motor.
Not all products. Then again, why wouldn't you wash it off immediately after cleaning? I use Simple Green. Had a 95 Chevy S-10 with 100K + miles on it and NEVER had a corrupted part due to my keeping it clean.

[b]
Finally regarding motor sweeping i mentioned that either you can use pressurized air which in our case is better because Diesel oil exhausts{evapourates}very quickly,or if you cant do that just sweep the diesel with a soft rug.
I understand the first part but I guess I'm just not understanding your use of the word "RUG."

[b]
Car will run cooler after because all of the dust elements will have been absorbed from the diesel.
As with using any product to clean your engine. Then again if your engine is that dirty, you're prolly not taking good care of it anyway.

and I've been using Simple Green with the same results. Sans the funny smell.

[b]
And Roger Penske uses Penzoil Oil in his cars. Doesn't mean I want to.

Oh yeah, for the record...

HOOTIE IS NEVER OWNED. wink
Old 06-09-2002, 08:30 PM

Oh yeah, for the record...

HOOTIE IS NEVER OWNED. wink [/QB][/QUOTE]

Old 06-10-2002, 04:25 AM

Damn, Hootie... give Angelos a break! In Greece, and many other countries throuhout Europe, believe it or not, people DO use diesel to clean their engines off. It's actually pretty common.

In America, everyone thinks like you **oh dear God, my engine is going to catch fire, oh no, I have sensitive skin!**

Don't worry you are not alone in thinking that, but you should believe every damn word that Angelos has to say... well, save the part about using a rug to clean it off... but we'll own that to the fact that his first language is not English, so it's all good!

BTW, Hootie, your Tib's new shoes look hot!