Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Chance To Swap Trans...

Old 09-15-2005 | 01:12 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

DO IT!

manual trannies rocks!!! you will love it.

also good chance to install lightweighted flywheel wink1.gif
Old 10-13-2005 | 07:48 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

ok, now i have another problem. i have small funds and almost no contacts. Both units are laying on the floor side by side.

Alpine Supercharger + Unichip OR Airram with TB + Spacers???

The supercharger is said to only produce 20 horsepower. It's heavy. It's only about 4psi and I will have to use 93 octane expensive fuel. Installation isn't a problem, but I have to find somebody to tune and tap the unichip. But the car will be fast.

Airram, well, all it is is an IM replacement so no stress no mess. Take it to the shop, come back a few hours and chop chop. But that's really the end of the lightning rod no more real power...
Old 10-13-2005 | 07:55 PM

Swap the tranny and put a S/C on.
Old 10-17-2005 | 04:28 PM

The discussion about going FI vs. NA has always leaned to FI in our engines because they are stronger than they are agile (and I mean able to rev really high and make power in that way) and because it was a lot cheaper to get to 200+WHP with a turbo than trying to achieve that in NA form.
But we have never established that going with a Supercharger is better in any way than going full NA; the Supercharger will have all the problems/issues a turbo has for tuning the ECU, will eat definetely much more gas and will cost almost as much as a turbo setup, and give only 20WHP more??? I don't see the benefit there. Either go turbo or full NA (with hi comp pistons --the 1.8 pistons iE-- better cams and ECU tuning or piggyback tuning) but don't take the Supercharger route...