Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Ceramic Coating

Old 05-11-2002, 06:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ceramic Coating

I've decided to get the headers ceramic coated instead of using header wrap. My question is how much of the headers to you coat. Just the first piece or both?
Old 05-12-2002, 06:43 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib - REVISION A

neal-

Check out these two sites for info on thermal coatings:

HPCoatings

Jet-Hot

I think Jet-Hot is the best... When I was stationed in NC several years back, had a buddy who coated the headers for a 454 he stuffed into a '56Chevy. Those things looked ****ing awesome, the chrome didn't turn colors with the heat, and you could tell a difference about the heat under the hood.

I'm doing an intake for my Tib and am going to have Jet-Hot coat it for me. The HPCoatings site has some other cool stuff for under the hood, like powder coating, etc.
Old 05-12-2002, 08:44 AM

Well, there's a local company that I'm going to go with, but thanks. I'm definately going to get the headers and the intake coated. I think I might get black to look stealth. But I don't know weather I should get the second part of the headers coated too.
Old 05-12-2002, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

If money were no object, I would say get the whole darn exhaust ceramic coated!

But due to financial and practical considerations, doing the header is the most important part. Yes, I would do BOTH peices.

They can heat coat the outside and "flow coat" the inside.

For most engines, the additional expense of "flow coatng" the internal passages of the header or intake is not be necessary.