Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

CEL and BTB

Old 10-09-2001, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The CEL should not come on.
Old 10-10-2001, 02:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

You can get the wiring diagrams for the S-AFC from the Fxtreme FAQ (I think they are in there).

The DIS-2...you'll have to try to figure that one out from www.hmaservice.com. I think OnPol has one, so he might be able to give you some pointers on wiring.

The CEL should NOT come on for the BTB. My guess is that it has something to do with the idle bypass and the idle screw being to high or too low.

With the level of mods you are at, I highly suggest you look into the OBD-2 software and cable, so you can reset your own CEL lights and find out what error code triggered them.
Old 10-10-2001, 04:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the dealer to read the code, there have been a few cases where a btb gives low idle, the motor sees lots more air and idles lower to compensate, just use the idle adjust screw to fix that. You may also see a too much air, which means you need to clean dirty injectors, if it's neither of those codes it's not the btb.