Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Car Idling Weird

Old 07-04-2008 | 12:07 AM

so my car has developed a bad habit of idling at about 2,000 rpms. anyone else ever have this problem. oh and after a while it will go down to norm but not always.
Old 07-04-2008 | 02:22 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

how long have you had the car?

assuming it's a leak i'd start by spraying carb cleaner (at idle) around the intake manifold and intake air control/bypass hoses (enywhere where manifold vacuum is carried) and if you notice a rise in rpms you've found a vacuum leak that needs to be fixed.

done any recent work to the car lately?

this would raise my suspisions more to something being put back together wrong. Like any intake manifold/throttle body work, or air intake work? I doubt your intake air control valve is faulty (it would throw a Check Engine Light code I believe), but I had the same problem after installing my airram and rside throttle body.

to temporarily save yourself the embarresment at stop lights, you can loosen the idle screw on the throttle body to lower the rpms but that is NOT correcting the problem (it will actually create more for you down the road).
Old 07-04-2008 | 08:50 AM

i have had the car for about 2 years and 40,000 miles or so. i was thinkin it might be the tps but ill have to look for a vacum leak just to see.and ive never have done any intake manifold work.
Old 07-04-2008 | 09:31 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

check the following

1.ISC
2.Tps
3.Map/ Airflow sensor
4. O2 sensors
5. Reset ecu.. Remove the (-) battery cable for 3 mins

Old 07-05-2008 | 09:48 AM

sounds good ill have to ceck all that and see what happens thanks
Old 07-13-2008 | 07:36 PM

well turns out that the wires going to the tps are really loose in the conector so i just put in a new on and spliced it in ideals like a champ now