Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Car Bogging Out Because Of A Fuel Filter Change?

Old 01-20-2008, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

QUOTE (gophins349 @ Jan 19 2008, 07:03 PM)
i have not changed my fuel filter yet but looks from the diy that its a little tight down there. make sure you did not knock any wires lose. like a injector clip. i know its not close to it but it doesnt hurt to check

No I didn't. 02.gif. My car has once again today almost stalled the rpms kept going up and down from like 1000 to 500 and almost stalled. It also bogs out when I accelerate. It's very annoying and I really don't want to take it to a dealer and waste my money sad.gif I don't think I will ever change my fuel filter again.

Anyone think it could be my tps? I do have the dae sung tps and I think thats the "bad one". 02.gif
Old 01-21-2008, 06:24 AM

^ Absolutely. There's a TSB on it. It says to start your car and turn off all loads, then using your finger, push the electrical connector towards the firewall. If the sound of the engine changes, then replace the TPS. Sounds kind of weird, but it actually works. Anyways, if you have the Dae Sung, replace it just because it's known to suck. It's seriously the best 60 bucks I ever spent on my car. I was having bogging issues with mine as well, but it would clear up after the car warmed up. It only happened when the engine was cold (initial startup) and I tried to accelerate anything past 25% throttle. The car would just bow up and do nothing, then all of a sudden explode with all its fury and do a magnificent burnout. I replaced the TPS and it was just a night and day difference.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:17 PM

QUOTE (AGreen @ Jan 21 2008, 08:24 AM)
^ Absolutely. There's a TSB on it. It says to start your car and turn off all loads, then using your finger, push the electrical connector towards the firewall. If the sound of the engine changes, then replace the TPS. Sounds kind of weird, but it actually works. Anyways, if you have the Dae Sung, replace it just because it's known to suck. It's seriously the best 60 bucks I ever spent on my car. I was having bogging issues with mine as well, but it would clear up after the car warmed up. It only happened when the engine was cold (initial startup) and I tried to accelerate anything past 25% throttle. The car would just bow up and do nothing, then all of a sudden explode with all its fury and do a magnificent burnout. I replaced the TPS and it was just a night and day difference.

Alright I got a question. Does it matter what kind of TPS I get. I saw that keifco or something is good but I cant find that anywhere besides on kspec. Would something from advanced auto be good or doesn't it matter? http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList.as...280&PTSet=A
Old 01-21-2008, 01:45 PM

maybe try gas line antifreeze
Old 01-21-2008, 02:27 PM

Go with OEM parts man. Although the filter from autozone may not have been your problem, their parts quality is crap. Plus you wouldn't spend any more at Hyundai anyways, so get it from the dealer. They'll probably have it in stock too.