Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

CAI question..

Old 05-26-2002, 02:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

HEY J@AWS 01 are you happy with your custom aos cai??
If youre happy with that maybe ill try it.What about removing the canistor?Does anyone have any instructions on how to do that??
What about the intake that you had before??I mean the ractive heat sheild filter which was behind the clearcorner lense??Was it any good compared the true cai??
Answer ASAP please rolleyes.gif
Old 05-26-2002, 09:17 AM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

Hi can anybody tell me how to remove the fu....g canistor and where to put it???I surely need a true cold air intake frown
Old 05-26-2002, 04:04 PM

Sorry mang, we were all at AutoX today.

Anyway, basically what J@WS01 and Neo_tib said.
I don't know how you remove the evap canister, and I don't know if I would personally. Involves ALOT of work, and it has some volitile gases in there.

In order to do the CAI like me, J@WS01, Neo_tib, etc, you MUST not have that Evap Canister in the fenderwell, or it must be relocated. And I don't recommend that. You could just put the filter on the left of the battery still in the engine bay, cuz the battery will be a little heat shield of sorts.
IMHO, the best solution for you is the AOS style.
Sorry mang, it's an A SPEC.
frown