Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

CAI install tomorrow

Old 01-24-2004 | 01:45 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

I need to know the tools in which i need. i know there are other posts around here, but i just want somethin simple to look at later 2nite, then print it out. I'm doing it at work, before we open...so it will be just me, and tools will be limited, so i need to get some things together before i go to work 2morrow.

and i put this in off topic, just because i didn't think it was worthy of the engine/transmission boards

and for people who don't know how my CAI is, it is the one that goes under the battery tray, and apparently behind the fog light. thanks
Old 01-24-2004 | 01:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default CAI install tomorrow

10 & 14 MM socket and a phillips screwdriver I think is all you'll need.

Maybe a pair of vice grips or good strong pliars.

OH, and a really sharp razor knife to cut your splash guard a bit, possibly a permanant marker (BLACK) to mark the cut.
Old 01-24-2004 | 02:24 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I will move this to the engine/transmission topic after a few days. I will leave it here so you can find it easily before you start your project. Update us on how it went, legnth of time, and what parts you may have had trouble with. Take before and after pictures if you can, and some during the process if you'd like wink.gif Again, I will move this to the engine/transmission forum after you update us on how it went. I'd hate to move it now and have you searching around for it before rushing off to work.

From all the work I've done on my car, is seems as if almost everything uses a 10mm socket or wrench... I finally went a bought a few 10mm wrenches to keep just in case my socket couldn't fit in a small space. It's a good investment lol.gif
Old 01-24-2004 | 04:06 PM

which cai is it? Mine puts the filter there.. but I had to drill a LARGE hole through the inner fender (metal) where the battery USED to sit to make it fit...
Old 01-24-2004 | 04:09 PM

mad, this one right here:

java has the same one, and installed is like this:

Edited for this question: What is that little round rubber piece? it's right next to the 2 hose clamps. its been puzzling me ever since i got the thing, and since i'm doin the install 2morrow, knowing what it is might help :?
Old 01-24-2004 | 04:39 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

you got it with your kit????

almost looks like a air bypass valve. are there little flaps inside the thing?
Old 01-24-2004 | 05:12 PM

tibby01, in the picture of Java's, he did install a bypass valve...i was talking about the first pic. its a small black rubber piece, w/ 2 small threaded metal things coming out of each end.....that was my question

anyone??
Old 01-24-2004 | 06:13 PM

READ:

http://hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=28119

Pretty decent write up
Old 01-24-2004 | 06:24 PM

yea, i have frequented that site in the past few days just to get it into my head. one thing that always gets me is the fact that the piping doesn't interfere w/ the tire. i don't know if it will be a big difference, but because of the cost of tires, when i got them replaced i went from the stock 195/55's to 195/60's. will that be a difference?? or am i just getting too paranoid. stupid me
Old 01-24-2004 | 08:16 PM

you ever looked up inside the bumper area of the fender? You could fit a very small child in there... and the tire will NEVER touch it.