Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Burning Clutch

Old 07-28-2004, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Enkei's fit?

I'm not for sure on this but I remember reading/hearing somewhere that the warrantly only crossess over if you sell to a close family member. Sounds ridiculous but I remember that for some reason. I had a friend whose Elantra's clutch burned out at around 50,000 miles as well but he tortured the hell out of his car. The clutches on our cars were definately not made to take excessive abuse.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:10 PM

Default Re: air fuel gauge hookup

Well, since it feels fine now, I will just start saving up for the kit from Kspec.

As for the warranty; I purchased the car used from a Dodge dealership. When I called Hyundai customer service to transfer the warranty, they told me that the only thing that transfers is the 50,000 mile warranty. Someone told me that before I bought the car though because I got an extended warranty through the dealership as well.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:15 PM

Default Re: HELP HYDROLOCKED!!

When my clutch burned out, I was able to drive a week or two more. Then one day driving home I could no longer put the car in gear. Thankfully this was about 50 feet from my house. I have since replaced the clutch (bought stock off ebay). I suggest you buy some redline MT90 transmission oil now off ebay, so you have it when you're done working on it. I made the mistake of assuming the shops around me would have some and ended up waiting an extra week to have my car running because I didn't have the transmission oil.

The clutch wasn't covered by my dealership, they wanted to charge me $1100 to do the job, when I told them I wouldn't be getting it fixed with them they offered to match the price of any quote I got. So if you get it done by the dealership you may want to try some wheelin' and dealin'.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:13 PM

Default Re: turbulence buttons/knobs for tibs?

$1100 to do a clutch job?!? I know mine is going.. at 97,534 miles, I have gotten my monies worth out of it.. Soon will be a lightened flywheel and a clutch to handle an increase in power... at least 6 pounds of boost worth of power.. I just wish I could swing doing both the clutch and a LSD at the same time.. that would make things a LITTLE cheaper
Old 07-28-2004, 08:24 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon
Default Re: It's official: I'm rice

for used Hyundai's (no matter what type of dealership) come w/ the full warranty EXCEPT powertrain. Powertrain gets knocked down to 5 year/ SIXTY-THOUSAND miles. not 50K

and...clutches don't fall under any warranty.

i expect mine to go sometime soon. live in the shitty ass hills. my clutch goes through hell.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:48 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Default Re: Southern Chapter

^ Exactly what I was going to say. I bought mine used and the 5 year warranty transferred but was extended to 60k miles.
Old 08-04-2004, 08:43 AM

Default Re: Members

Ok, now the fun begins!!! :x evil.gif

Last night I was in line at the ATM and my car would not go into 1st gear. I was sure that I had the clutch all the way in, so I gave it a little gas and applied some force to the shifter. A large CLUNK and a little embarrsement later, my car was shifting fine.

About 1/2 hour later, I was getting on it. I hit 2nd and it was obvious that my clutch slipped because there was a pause where the engine was reving and I was not going any where. I let everything cool down. Latter on last night, I was getting on it again and this time when I went to second, there was a loud clunk and the car went.

So, it is time for a new clutch with only 47,000 miles on my car. I could kill the kid that tore it up! :twisted: I think that I am going to see if I can get some money out of him though.

The first thing that I am going to do is call my extended warranty company and see if they will cover it. I doubt it though.

I really want the stage 3 clutch, but money is kinda tight right now and I can get an OEM clutch for $100 from e-bay.

So, how many of you have replaced a clutch before and is it really that difficult? I have done my fair share of engine work before and I am very comfortable in a garage, but I have never taken anything like this on before. I know that I am going to need some special tools but I think that I can get everything together.

I know I will probably get responses like "If you have to ask, take it in" but I am not asking how to change the clutch, just how difficult it really is and if anyone has any tips.

Thanks.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:59 AM

Default Re: The Elantra is DONE

ive pulled my tranny about....
nevermind thats not important..
but ive had my share ..
02.gif

Anyways..

the hardest thing about installing a clutch is alligning the tranny to the engine. That usually takes me about 30min to an hour..
Grrr
anyways.. the rest i can do within a couple of hours.

Installing a clutch isnt that difficult.. just a pain in the ass. I suggest you buy the shop manual and look at the pictures, than decide if its something you want to undertake..

BTW... theres some weird guy selling a stage 3 on ebay
lol.gif