Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Broken Engine support bolts

Old 11-03-2010 | 12:48 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai Tiburon
Default Broken Engine support bolts

Just joined up on this forum. Happy to find it on the web.

I have a problem that someone might have a "Best fix" solution. i have removed the engine and trany from my 2000 Tiburon. (the connecting pin on pion shaft in the gear to passenger CVC came loose and went through the trany case, opening it like a tin can).

Living in the northerrn climate with all the salt and snow I think it did a number on some of the bolts. In particular the 2 front bolts on the centre engine support. After smothering them with some release agent, letting them sit for awhile, it didn't take much effort on my part to break both off at the frame.

Doing this in my garage, the options are few. The air conditioning core is on top of the visual top-end of the bolts. I have tried drilling from the bottom but it is a pain. I have loosened the air conditioning core loose but before I come in from the top I thought someone might have a sure fire way of getting these suckers out. Any help would be appreciated.

Quite new to forums so I apologize in advance if I miss anything.