Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Brands and Difficulty

Old 04-16-2002 | 06:10 AM

I gotta go with 2kLo&Sho here. But if you want it right now, you can always go to the local muffler shop and have them custom build you an exhaust. Now, before anyone rips me on mandrel bent is better, well yes it is better, but I just read an interesting exhaust article in Grassroots Motorsports, and the two exhausts that they had done at the LMS (local muffler shop) placed 2nd and 3rd in the amount of HP gained at the wheels over the pre-fabed, mandrel bent exhausts (this was done on a 92 Jetta GL, and they have the same problem we do...they have to go up and over the rear axle). They tested 10 different exhausts (including the stock) to get the results...the brands they tested? Pacesetter, Bosal, Euro Tech (highest hp gain), Supersrpint, Jetex, Techtonics, Autotek, 1 custom bent exhausts with 2 different mufflers, and the stock exhaust.

With the rest of the SR products, the wait has been worth it, but if you have to have it right now, you can't go wrong with custom piping and a decent muffler until SR gets theirs out.