Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Borla Muffler

Old 02-15-2002, 05:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borla Muffler

Ok.....well I have been doing a little more research....and I think I want a Borla muffler. http://www.borla.com/uk.boomers/?cartID=20...465424.237.3.87 That is the link. I am looking at the wailtail model. Please give me any feedback you might have.
Old 02-16-2002, 03:21 PM

What mods do you already have?

Borla is a great company, but a lot of what you pay for is their R&D and the nameplate. I've seen their "lower" line of muffs go for as little as $99, all the way up to their PowerSet for a TurboDiesel ringing in at around $800.

If this is your first, or one of your first mods, I'd recommend starting at the intake, not the exhaust. If you've already got all the n/a mods, then a Borla muffler is a good choice. There are a whole bunch out there that won't cost you as much, though, and will perform the same or better. Borla's "Boomer" series is supposedly 'tuned' to work efficiently with sport-compact (i.e. 4-cyl) engines, but I haven't heard much else, other than they run around $250-$400 retail.

If I remember correctly, a few members have Borla mufflers installed on their cars (or was that FXtreme?). Maybe they'll chime in. Unless you're setting up for nitrous or f/i, stick with a muffler that still provides some backpressure. A lot of people out there slap on a ginormous fart-can bumblbee muff as soon as they get their car, along with opening the pipes a bunch. You do that, and you're gonna drop out your bottom end.

Hope I'm not way out in left field on this one, if you know what you're doing and are just looking for a good muffler. sad.gif
Old 02-18-2002, 04:34 AM

Well I am going to install my carsound cat, sr 4-1 header, borla muffler all at the same time. All I have to do is purchase the piping for the exhaust system. I think I made a good choice. I got the Borla Boomer Wailtail series.