Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

boost a pump from kenne bell

Old 12-06-2002 | 11:27 AM
arn

Default boost a pump from kenne bell

have you guys heard of this product? it's a boost a pump. it's suppose to boost your fuel pump and it's adjustable. here is the site. boost a pump
Old 12-06-2002 | 12:22 PM

They use some tricky language to tell you that they use that little box to put more voltage to the pump, which WILL shorten the life of the machine.

Maintains constant output voltage to pump within 1% from 10 to 12.5 battery voltage.
This says that the voltage to the pump remains constant with a supply to the Kenne Bell box of 10 to 12.5 volts.

Here is a crude diagram:

___________12.5 V______???? V_________
Elec System ----->K.B. Box----->Fuel Pump

I don't care what they say, increasing the voltage to something like 17.5 volts will shorten the pump life.

Plus, when I run voltage through a motor at a higher rate than it was designed for, it usually gets warmer. I would like to know how they accomplish this no heating task.

Doesn't heat up fuel like larger inline or intank pumps.
They must have some fuel pumps that convert 100% of the electrical energy into mechanical energy. I would like to get my hands on one of those. Show all of those physiscist that their thermodynamics theories are wrong. J/K

I don't doubt that it is a reliable product, but I would just as soon get a larger pump that drops in, get a piggy back computer and tune all across the RPM range. Not just give 20% more voltage at WOT.

[ December 06, 2002, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: Tib in CB ]
Old 12-06-2002 | 11:18 PM

dude, unless that **** is $20, get a walbro pump. Its only $100 and isn't going to cause hell with your pump.
Old 12-07-2002 | 02:52 AM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

MSD sells a similar product. It allows you to overdrive (with upped voltage) your fuel pump and is adjustable. It looks nearly identical to the Keene Bell unit. In fact, I think it is a MSD unit with a different lable on it.