Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Bizarre Engine Problem

Old 10-04-2005 | 10:18 PM

So do you think the CEL I got with the header is making me run a lot richer?
Old 10-04-2005 | 10:35 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

ok ill explain
air goes through the intake through the maf. the maf tells the ecu how much air u got goin to the engine. the air is mixed and burned. the exhaust then goes through a o2 sensor wich lets your ecu know how much gas to give your car if your lean or rich. if you dont have a 02 sensor then your ecu (computer) doesnt know how much gas to air ratio you have goin. so your kinda driving with a car that isnt working correctly. put your 02 sensor back in. im not sure if your able to put one in a aftermarket header with no existing hole but there has to be a way. also if they instaled it where did your 02 sensor go did they cut it off ? tuck it away? lmao.gif
Old 10-05-2005 | 01:30 AM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

Guys, I don't know how many other ways to say this..

There are TWO o2 sensors.
The one that comes FIRST (assuming we're following the flow of exhaust out the car) is VERY important, and you NEED it. Without it you will also have a CEL and be in limp mode. (This means if there is no place to put it, you MAKE a place)
The SECOND o2 sensor is NOT needed. The only negative effect from this is that you get a CEL, NOTHING else. This one is optional, more or less.

SO YOU NEED THE FIRST O2 SENSOR!

Sorry, but this topic has been beaten do death soo much I don't know how anyone could not have this concept understood by now.
Old 10-05-2005 | 01:34 AM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

^^WORD , should be made s sticky so everytime the thread comes up just post a link and close the thread.
Old 10-05-2005 | 01:43 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

tps and o2, also check the isc motor as well