Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

BAD DAY broken piston

Old 01-26-2005 | 10:31 PM

^^Where are you getting all this crap from kid. we just mentioned to make a postive outta negative by reduing as much of the internals that is feasible for him..he can speak for himself and dosn't need a 17 yr old kid whose made more mistakes misguiding people on this site then any human being I have ever seen. I apologize Supa for this and apologize for Ham who has to respond to everything like the little boy he is (who just posted below me)
Old 01-26-2005 | 10:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Firstly, I don't post my opinion on anything I don't know. If I make a mistake and someone corrects me, I admit to it. The only misguidance I've given has been with the Tranny swap, where I falsely thought the ECU would have some factoring into it.

Secondly, I was joking with the guy. If you've got a problem with me, PM an administrator or talk to me in private. Don't tear this poor guy's thread just because you have a personal vandetta against me or something.

Thirdly, on topic, make sure you check over everything and make sure you reinstall it right. If you can replace parts, now would be the time to do it. If you can't, then make do. END OF DISCUSSION.
Old 01-26-2005 | 11:01 PM

owned2.gif offtopic.gif i would definatley redo the internals..maybe set it up for a turbo swap!
Old 01-26-2005 | 11:40 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Chill out you 2.

Warned.

Hamhead, you need to step back a bit and cool out son.
Old 01-27-2005 | 05:07 AM

There is nothing I can really add here.. other than it looks like he has already decided to just hone the walls smooth and drop in another piston.

Ham, REDZ already threatened to ban you.. and I am upset that you decided to go on a rampage in MY area of the Forum when I was not around to stop it from escalating. Making me look bad man and getting you a nice cooling off time in the process.
Old 01-27-2005 | 04:11 PM

lol....chill guys......that was some crazy stuff going on there

I am taking advantage of the bad situaton. getting as much done as money will alow, my car is in realy good hands...one of the better speed shops in town that my buddy owns. I have a turbo kit i will be installing next year when the car is done being payd for. so we have been mocking up the whole custom piping for the system. I have also got the intake manifold and head portmatched and poished. its acualy sitting on the flow bench right now (man these beta heads dont flow very well) couldent afored good turbo pistons yet, and besides im not puting the turbo on till next year so no point in putting those in right now so one stock piston will do.....its realy crazy though all the old school muscle car guys that hang around the shop where realy impresed with the strength of the beta motor
Old 01-27-2005 | 05:05 PM

glad to hear everything is working out... and always good to impress the old school guys, you can learn a lot of them if you approach without an attitude.
Old 01-27-2005 | 05:31 PM

Yeah... sorry about that. : We both got a touch carried away me thinks... LOL. Glad to hear everything is going good and the Tib is getting an even better rep from the old school guys. Let us know how things go once its working properly. P
Old 01-28-2005 | 02:29 PM

just got back from the shop........I cant belive how much better my car works now....even better than the day I bought it.....yup the old school guys loved it, now they cant wate to throw a turbo on and see how it works

Thanks for the support guys
Old 01-28-2005 | 02:48 PM

smile.gif Glad to hear it. Sounds like you've had the problem since the beginning like the guys at the shop/I thought. It is a fiesty little engine. Did they just drop in the piston, or did they do a little cleanup work while they were in there? From thet timespan seems like they just dropped the piston in, but either way, its good to have a car back after its had downtime.