Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

AOS intake

Old 12-17-2001, 04:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Sorry, I should clarifiy. I have nothing against the AOS intake. It is a good design and a good product.

My only point was to try to say that all intakes are a comprimise of one sort or another.

No offense to AOS, Speedstate, MHP, or KORE was intended. wink.gif
Old 12-17-2001, 05:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No offense. I think we should just say "colder and coldest" . It's definitely "colder" air than up top. Just not the "coldest" possible. But , like you said, there are tradeoffs. The aos design has less bends which is better for airflow.
I'd say you can't go wrong with any of the major ones , aos, kore, mhp.
I chose the AOS because the install took 10 minutes. I didn't want to spend alot of time cutting things.
Also, I got it in around 1 week whereas I hear KORE takes a long time.

I do not have the aem, nor do I need it. It snows pretty good here, but no giant puddles. Proof to me is that I could definitely feel the difference.
Personally I feel if you went all out and did a ram air, it would be wasted on an engine that is mostly stock.

Thanks, Random, for at least acknowledging I was somewhat edumacated in my reply.
tongue.gif
Old 12-17-2001, 05:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, and yes, I definitely feel more low end power and a nice jump above 4k .