Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

AOS CAI....

Old 10-09-2001 | 02:25 PM

Default AOS CAI....

go here: AOS CAI. Is it a good intake? and whats that AEM thingy they mention... yeah, I'm techincal with my terminology here. I know.

Okk.. well.. since the link doesnt directly go to the intake section, just look it up in the tiburon section. smile.gif

~Drew

[ October 09, 2001: Message edited by: WhoopOi ]
Old 10-09-2001 | 02:40 PM

Hey, do a search. Look at the top of the page and click on search. Do AEM and you will find what you are looking for.
Old 10-09-2001 | 02:41 PM

no no no... I just dont know what the hell it is... "AEM Bypass Valve" smile.gif I dont want it. I want an intake... I suppose... I dont know how much HP an intake gives out. sad.gif

Old 10-09-2001 | 02:45 PM

The AOS CAI is am intake that goes down to the bottom of the engine bay to get it's cool air. It is bent in all the right places so that it gets there without hitting anything and causing the air to change direction that much. It is a pretty good intake, and I can say that from experience. I purchased one from Speedstate last Friday. It was simple to install and it looks great!

The AEM thingy is a valve that will open in the event the CAI is submerged in water and turned into a big drinking straw for the engine.

You might want to ask them about the new AOS Underdrive pully. It hasn't been added to their web page yet but I had a look at one when I picked up my intake. They look pretty cool. You can also be sure that they will be priced competitively!
Old 10-09-2001 | 02:48 PM

Well first off that is NOT a TRUE CAI (Cold air Intake). How is that a "cold air..." if it getting air from the engine bay? hrmmm.. A true CAI might be located in the driver side wheel well. Or in place of the drivers High beam headlamp. (Which I am going to attempt here shortly) The idea is to get COLR PRUE air from the outside "rushing" "forced" into the Air filter. Hope I helped. But do a search on CAI and read up a little bit on "custom jobs" and also on like SR (if on the market now??) MHP has on I think. Or Kore's.
Old 10-09-2001 | 02:56 PM

so how much HP increase are these intakes...?

Hook me up with some URLs to these places if ya can too.

Old 10-09-2001 | 03:19 PM

Fast.Shark

I believe that you are refering to RAM air. RAM air is forced and a CAI just grabs air from a cooler place.

The air from the bottom of the engine bay where the AOS inlet is is a LOT cooler than the upper area of the engine bay. Also there is a lot of space down there for air to circulate once you have removed the resonators. Aspecially when the car is moving.

I think that the air inside the wheel well is not as effectine for an intake since it is dead and stagnent. Also it makes a lot of bends before it reaches the MAFS.
I have driven with this setup for a long while now and am VERY satisfied with the improvement. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Ask Brendan about the intake... He knows it works!!! LOL!!!

DUCT TAPE MAN!!!!
Old 10-09-2001 | 03:22 PM

So... go with the AOS intake? and whats that damn AEM piece, and should I get it? I have a 97 tibby fx.
Old 10-09-2001 | 03:31 PM

Do you drive through puddles deep enough that it would tough the bottom of your fog lights? If so... Then I would suggest you get the AEM Bypass Valve...

The AOS intake was a good purchase IMHO...

I am glad I have it now.
Old 10-10-2001 | 02:07 AM

I'm not douting the AOS intake, I just think that there are better ways to get colder air.
This is a pic of my custom intake, it looks totally different now cause it has since been dropped into the wheel well thru the hole beside the batttery at the end of the filter, and its been painted with 500 deg. thermo paint inside and out. It really doesn't get hot at all. There are no 90 deg. bends and its not setting right beside a hot a$$ trans.

All I'm saying is that the AOS intake is not the best way to do it! wink.gif

[ October 10, 2001: Message edited by: QÜIKTIB ]