Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Another Clutch Option

Old 10-27-2005, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

I have contacted F1 Racing clutch seller on ebay about a clutch kit they have for our cars. Its only rated 275 ftq so I emailed them asking if they I have any other clutches available to hold 350-400 HP.

This is what they came back me with. Apparently they can get these clutches from Korea.

We are the only distributors for this clutch in U.S. and so far we had nothing but great feedbacks from
fellow Tiburon owners. (not sure who these guys are)

These clutches are from Summit Racing Co. in Korea and they've spent 3 years in R&D making state of the
art racing clutches for Hyundai Racing Team in Korea. Would you believe 95% of Tiburon racing(both track & strip) cars are using Summit Racing Clutches. These track proven clutches are the ONLY clutches we'd
recommend for high horsepower Tiburons.

All Tiburon Racing clutches come with chromoly type lightweight flywheel as a complete kit.

Stage 3 Single Plate Racing System (460HP, 430 ft/lb torque capacity at the crank) may be the ideal set
up for you however you may also consider Stage 4 Twin Plate Racing System (700HP / 650 ft/lbs torque
capacity at the crank)

Your price for Stage 3 set up is $ 1350 and the
Stage 4
set up is $ 1650

I also requested more info on the clutches and this was there response

What material are they made from?
The cover is made from billet aluminum
and the disc friction material is made from
copper ceramic. The flywheel is made from
forged billet chromoly.

Is it a Sprung type clutch?
Yes, it's a sprung type disc

What is the weight of the flywheel?
The weight of the flywheel is 12.5 lbs

I also have some pics of this clutch kit that I can email or post if requested.

I just thought I would post this up for another option and maybe for Mad_john to get some info on this setup.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:48 AM

The clutches sound great but I am already working on a solution to provide a more easily obtainable clutch here that anyone can obtain for under 500$. Its actually converting our pull style into a push style then using a mitsu eclipse turbo clutch and throw out bearing. Our tranny already has the mounting holes for the slave cyl and Mad john confirmed my suspissions about these as in korea they remove the release arm from the elantra xd (must be push in korea) then install on tiburons. I dont know what clutch they are using at this time he said he was going to do a writeup on this install over the weekend. Look for it in extreme mods.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:34 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

i will look into this if i smell bull shit because 1650 dollors no no no hell mine was almost 2 g's but i had to pay the import tax from japan.... i am leaving for taegu in 20 mins MJ on the case

and i know that ougra is the best you can get but its to dam much for you guys but i will look into it