Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Air Water Seporator Can

Old 02-10-2008, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Hey guys! I have been researching lately and stumbled upon air/coolant seporator cans. I had no idea what it was initially so I went indepth. Now I get the idea but can't figure out how it would hook up in our cars. the better cans have 3 ports, one on the top I assume you use this as the feed (ditching you stock coolant jug) but there is also two at the bottom.
This could be a good deal for the guys running boost, can anyone shed some light here? I'd really like to get one going on my fc3s if I can get this right.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:28 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

We use them as air/oil separator cans. They're designed to go on the intake between the breather and the intake. There should be no air in your coolant lines or you probly have a leak. Get a 2 hose model, or you can get two 2 hose models, one for your breather and one for the PCV valve. Don't tie the PCV and breather together.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:17 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

^^^ Yea mate I have an oil catch can installed already. The coolant type is close to the same design with relativley the same function. Im looking for anyone with one hooked up on our engines.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:27 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

It would basically just be an overflow. One is a line in and then there should be a dump tube and maybe a line out?

Could be used in place of the coolant reservoir