Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Air Water Separator For Catch Can

Old 04-10-2008, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

It's very simple.

Put the separator in line between the PCV and the IM. That's it. Mine almost fills up about every 6-8 months.

There is no need to put one between the breather line that goes from the block to the elbow, you won't catch anything (I've tried tongue.gif).

This reminds me, I took pics of this a long time ago when I did mine, and never made the thread..I should do that...
Old 04-10-2008, 09:40 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Should be between the breather and the intake. The PCV is more protected from liquids, but the breather is just a hole. You'll get alot more oil from your breather and the IM/TB/Intake will stay cleaner if you filter the breather instead of the PCV.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I've actually seen the oil in my breather line, hence the reason I want to put it there. I imagine that since I can see oil there, I can catch some. I haven't pulled off my PCV recently, so I'm not sure how much oil gets through there, but I should check on that too. Depending on how bad each one is, I may end up putting two catch cans on. Has this ever been done?