Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

Air Filters

Old 07-22-2005, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Why don't you try one of those foam-type filters (like Unifilter for example)? The filtration is meant to be better whilst it does hurt flow slightly, which is why mainly high hp motors use them. A mate of mine, with an 11 sec Monaro, swears by this type of filter.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:48 PM

i remember reading those suck though...

hmmm

ill guess ill research some more on the net..
Old 07-23-2005, 01:26 AM

I have a K&N. It's lasted a long time, probably 15k miles on my last car and still going strong. Easy to maintain.

But right now I'm using a washable paper filter, same dimensions. Got a pair of them on ebay, they're pretty good quality, look better than the ones at Advance. When they're new they actually seem to perform better than an oiled K&N. The intake definitely sounds slightly louder when swapping, but that's comparing used to new. I can't compare long term durability though. They trap the dust that that a K&N won't, but that's also why they get clogged faster.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:20 PM

I just bought a regular air filter cone no special name brand or anything and took my stock airbox out, i got it from auto zone for like 30$ it does the job for now:/ but im looking to upgrade to a CAI soon hopefully smile.gif