Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

692 HP ! ! !

Old 11-21-2001 | 04:38 AM
Red

Ugh, people...

Cheuk is a shop owner, and doesn't own ANY Hyundais... He races an RX7 twin turbo, but he's into Hyundais in general.

And NO, the car is not making 267. The car is making 589 metric horsepower (581HP for the US people) AT THE TIRES. Yes, five hundred and eighty one horsepower, AT THE TIRES, on a BETA 2.0L motor, and it's STUFFED INTO AN ACCENT!

690+ is the "estimated" power at the crank, but I doubt the tranny is eating 100HP...

-Red-
Old 11-21-2001 | 08:17 AM

Actually Red,

Cheuk posted that there is one Tiburon putting out 650whp. Though its all within the top 1,000RPM pretty well.

I ll go look for it cause I m bored

*** I take that back for now. Do you know how many times that boy makes reference to whp??? Then again I don't remember if it was Cheuk or yoon.

I did find a picture of Cheuk's fastest car in Korea though! Well use to be last year anyway.

[ November 21, 2001: Message edited by: Smiley ]
Old 11-21-2001 | 08:24 AM
Red

I wasn't saying this is the highest powered one, I was clearing up the facts regarding this post.

The one Chuek posted, which is NOT his own car, posted 589HP metric or 581HP American. There indeed are more powerful ones to be had.

-Red-
Old 11-21-2001 | 08:31 AM

Actually you are right though Red, Cheuk posted the actual dyno run from the one mentioned. The one I mentioned was heresay.

Just like I drive a 10,456 whp Sonata, but can't find a dyno powerful enough to measure it.
Old 11-26-2001 | 03:32 PM

Hey guys,

The Beta engined Accent did make 589 PS hp at the wheels on a Dynojet 248C. It uses a huge Turbonetics turbo... I think a Greddy T78 equivalent. (Sorry its hard not to think in RX-7 turbo equivalents). I personally saw it turn the drums. There are two other cars putting out more power... 600+ wheel hp but I PERSONALLY have not seen them make runs on the dyno. But, I can tell you this... BOTH TIBURONS outran this Spin Wheel Accent with 589 wheel hp.

I am not a shop owner. I have very good friends who own shops or are mechanics at these shops.

Smiley, I'm not done yet... even though I am outpowered and out stripped. There is one more race. My car is rear wheel drive and with a little squeeze of nitrous and the short 300 meter strip... I may still take them this year. They were only a couple of tenths faster than me before my open exhaust and the nitrous.
Old 11-29-2001 | 06:19 AM
Red

No, a 400WHP car isn't going to run a 6-7 second quarter mile... The cars that run 9's in the quarter mile run better than 1000 WHP, these are cars like Mustangs, Camaros... Only a VERY scant few imports (basically RX7's, Skylines, Supras) can hit quarter mile times less than 9 seconds.

400WHP is probably good for a flat 12 or high 11 second quarter -- if you're dealing with a front wheel drive with slicks. Traction bars and "race" gearing can get a 400WHP car into the 11's, but it takes a great driver as well.

600WHP though? Hell, you can probably just barely squeek into the 10's in the full quarter mile, but that's with a LOT of suspension work.

-Red-
Old 11-29-2001 | 04:28 PM

UFB,

That car was running Stock block, stock crank, stock main journal bearings, stock head bolts.

Big Turbonetics turbo at 30 psi
SDS ECU
Front mount APEXi intercooler
80-100 mm piping
Ported head
Arias / Wiesco Forged pistons
Crower Forged rods / pins
HKS Unleaded drag fuel
Custom hand bent exhaust manifold.. NO wastegate eek.gif
Open exhaust... straight dump from the turbine housing.
Custom ported Intake manifold
No air filter
Twin Bosch inline fuel pumps
HKS twin plate clutch

Not exactly how we would do it... but we don't build any drag only cars. Too much money for too little exposure.

Here is the graph again