Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

6 Speed For A 2.0?

Old 02-23-2010 | 07:52 AM

Tuscon swap is doable with enough cash in hand... wink1.gif

Just get a 5spd gear and final drive from a beta 2 Elantra. Boom problem solved... lol
Old 03-07-2010 | 11:49 PM

I think I have something to add. I've read on here that the Gk trans won't fit into the RD's. But I wanted to hear some thoughts. You see I've noticed that the Gk has the following options: Beta-2 5-speed, Delta 5-speed and Delta 6-speed. Now as far as my research has come the 4 and 6 cyl's run the same 5-speed. So It only makes sense that the 6-speed would bolt up to the Beta 1 the same as the 5-speed would. So the only thing I have no information on is how the dual friction clutch would be swapped or changed. With these things considered it seems plausible, anyone agree? Anyone actually tried?
Old 03-08-2010 | 04:54 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tib

A6 speed would be awesome, These guys seemed to have the skills,various engins in tibs on the 2nd page,..If someone could find any of these guys.....
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/710414/2
Old 03-08-2010 | 10:37 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

QUOTE (Steve s @ Mar 8 2010, 02:49 AM)
I think I have something to add. I've read on here that the Gk trans won't fit into the RD's. But I wanted to hear some thoughts. You see I've noticed that the Gk has the following options: Beta-2 5-speed, Delta 5-speed and Delta 6-speed. Now as far as my research has come the 4 and 6 cyl's run the same 5-speed. So It only makes sense that the 6-speed would bolt up to the Beta 1 the same as the 5-speed would. So the only thing I have no information on is how the dual friction clutch would be swapped or changed. With these things considered it seems plausible, anyone agree? Anyone actually tried?

It may use the same gearing, but that doesn't mean that it uses the same bellhousing. If I remember correctly the 6 speed uses a different bell housing and won't just bolt up to the Beta engine. Swapping the gearing into a beta bell housing may be an option though, however, I would assume someone would've already thought of that if it was possible.
Old 03-08-2010 | 12:25 PM

I guess the biggest question in my mind is why would they use a different bolt pattern between the 5 speed and the six speed. To me it really wouldn't make sense and would probably mean that the GK's couldn't even trade their 5 speed for a six on the Deltas, and that makes even less sense. Manufacturers usually want their cars to be as easy as possible and use as many of the same parts as possible. This keeps cost down and efficiency up.
Old 03-08-2010 | 02:42 PM

Vehicle: 2004 hyundai coupe 2.0 se

the six speed wont fit 2 litre on gk.im told the 6 speed is actually a toyota box built under license by hyundai(information from ross who worked on engine design at hyundai)
Old 03-08-2010 | 02:55 PM

So then I guess the question is.. What did they do to the 5-speed that they seem to use with both engines, yet something somehow causes the 6 speed to not fit... Why do I now feel like I have to do it? lol
Old 03-08-2010 | 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

"not fit" is relative. Certainly an adapter plate for the bellhousing could be made, and the input shaft could be extended, the one axle made longer and the other shorter etc . . . but it would probably be cheaper to have a set of dog gears cut or something ($$$$) once all the work was done.
Old 03-09-2010 | 11:10 AM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

What about swapping the internals of the 6 speed into the 5 speed? If they 5 speed uses a similiar bellhousing, and since we can use the Beta II bellhousing on the Beta I, can't we just swap all the internals from the 6 speed into the 5 speed housing? I'd assume you could keep your 1,3,5 shift linkage, and then swap the 2,4,6,R linkage from the 6 speed housing.
Old 03-09-2010 | 11:38 AM

Vehicle: 2004 hyundai coupe 2.0 se

its true to an extent anything will fit anything.the auto box bell housing matches up wonder if that could be changed onto the six? your biggest enemy is effort involved and the money and the five speed box is stronger than the six,isthe general opinion over here