Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

4-2-1 headers

Old 04-16-2003, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4-2-1 headers

I am planning a few upgrades once I get back from the Gulf. Intake, headers and exhaust.

My question regarding the 4-2-1 headers is that I have a 99 Tiburon; what other modifications to the exhaust system will I need to make? Does my Tiburon have 1 or 2 02 sensors? Or anything I will need to know regarding the headers, exhaust or cat to make the install pain free.

Thanks.

[ April 17, 2003, 01:38 AM: Message edited by: Hootie ]
Old 04-16-2003, 08:42 PM
arn

you definitely have two O2 sensors. both of hem have to be move when you install the headers, but you don't have to cut and extend the wires. Just pull the O2 wires out of the wire loom that it was wrapped in and pull it towards the coil pack and run the wire from there. there should be enough slack to screw it in the down pipe of the headers. then buy a high flow cat from HERE. their cats are OBD II compliant. the cat have O2 sensor bung already. A bit more expensive than that of catco cat but you can make up the difference ffrom saving the money from labor cost of putting a bung on the cat that didn't have any. here this is what my EXHAUST look like.
Old 04-18-2003, 04:11 AM

hootie you got mail