Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

2006 I4 N/a tiburon

Old 11-26-2010 | 04:32 PM

Vehicle: 2006/hyundai/tiburon
Default 2006 I4 N/a tiburon

Please only add a reply if you have something that can be useful to me. Yes, I realize it is only a 4 cyl, I knw that it is only 140 hp, I knw that it is slow. Please tell me the best mods to get pre tc/sc the car. I.E what headers should i get i already have a cai im wondering what exhaust i should have and if it would be better to straight pipe or actually do a cat back exhaust. Please tell me anything that could possibly be of some use.
Old 11-26-2010 | 04:54 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

Really? That's the attitude you want to show on your first post? We're very helpful for the most part. Your defensive attitude will illicit a more hateful response than asking your legitimate questions.

1. If you're going to tc/sc your car, n/a is a waste of money. The exhaust is useful, but the headers would be replaced.

I suggest getting a 2.5" catback exhaust from a local shop. Don't go straight pipe, it'll just make the engine sound horrible. Do the exhaust before the turbo, because the headers would end up being replaced. If you want to mess with the cat, you can get a high flow cat.

Just curious, what's your budget?
Old 11-26-2010 | 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

If you really plan to boost it later.. do suspension, clutch (if its a 5spd), etc first.
Old 11-26-2010 | 07:47 PM

Vehicle: 99 accent

Full 2.5-3" mandrel bent exhaust, fuel/ignition controller, phenolic manifold spacer, and weight reduction. Don't blow 500$ on headers.
Old 11-26-2010 | 09:16 PM

Vehicle: 13 Gen Coupe Ult.

^^^ ALL those upgrades and 4 Whp added.. Save your money! for the Tc/Sc which ever! You can although like Wytchdctr said start on the Clutch and suspension mods...

Also just for the heads I think the single most inportant parts of doing and exhaust upgrade would be a good set of headers, as that is were your going to be choosing where you want the power band to be, get a 3y 4-2-1 style, some go 4-1... Equal length.. not equal length...

Pretty sure most of us here that ever wanted to be fast started out N/A tuning... It is just about pointless... you can spend several K's and really only sound fast which makes it feel fast..

IF you want fast.. you will learn go with a few N/A mods I/H/E and a 75 shot of nitrous!
Old 11-27-2010 | 11:13 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

I would get the tuner, install it, and learn it. That is going to be the best first mod if your planning on forced induction. I think company's do offer pnp or ecu flashes for the newer model tibs so you may not have to worry about that.

Exhaust system is a must, atleast 2.5"

Clutch is not necessary right off that bat, i feel like i've mentioned this a few times in the past week. Several boosted members running stock clutch with no slip, myself included. Anything over 220hp would probably need a gripper clutch.

You also have to decided which route of F/I your going.

A Bbtb is always going to help regardless of choice
Old 11-27-2010 | 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

Vehicle: 14 EGT 2.0

several? you are the first I have seen say anything good about the stock setup. Mine did not look so good when I threw in an ACT at 50k miles on a pretty much stock setup.
Old 11-28-2010 | 10:52 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Tuscon

I didn't replace my stock clutch till around 85k and it looked fairly decent. Popped in another stock disc/PP and got the fidanza resurfaced. Broke it in for about 500mi and it grips like nobody's business. Will spin the tire right through 3rd.

I'm sure if i did any high rev clutch drops that it would probably slip and or explode, but i don't race the car aside from a few 1/4mi runs during the summer, and I'm easy on the launch's mainly cause the cars my DD through the warmer months.
Old 11-28-2010 | 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by majik
Really? That's the attitude you want to show on your first post? We're very helpful for the most part. Your defensive attitude will illicit a more hateful response than asking your legitimate questions.

1. If you're going to tc/sc your car, n/a is a waste of money. The exhaust is useful, but the headers would be replaced.

I suggest getting a 2.5" catback exhaust from a local shop. Don't go straight pipe, it'll just make the engine sound horrible. Do the exhaust before the turbo, because the headers would end up being replaced. If you want to mess with the cat, you can get a high flow cat.

Just curious, what's your budget?

the reason i said that is because when i had my civic the civic forums i said basically said go buy an si and wouldnt answer any question i had asked sry if i seemed pushy or edgy about it but yes i am thinking about doing a tc but im not sure because alot of ppl told me to do the sc because its quicker off of the line and my budget is decent i think at least lol
Old 11-28-2010 | 01:42 PM

also what kind of tuner i have seen alot of them out there that connect to ur computer for like 100 and stuff but im looking for a decent tuner