Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

2 boxes?

Old 06-10-2002, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I don't know about that. Random said it's better so I listen to him.

Think he also said not to do the Eram thing...

LOL
Old 06-10-2002, 02:50 PM

i just finished with my gehtto cai. i made it by taking of my intake and the resonator that came with it. i can't get enough room to get the lower one take out, but i am going to try to get it out tomorrow. i used some vacumm hose for now just for the flexibility. does anyone know a what model K&N filter to get for a 98 tib? i really want to get the resonator taken out and some ABS piping put in with a K&N filter.
Old 06-10-2002, 11:16 PM

mtx98tib:
i just finished with my gehtto cai. i made it by taking of my intake and the resonator that came with it. i can't get enough room to get the lower one take out, but i am going to try to get it out tomorrow. i used some vacumm hose for now just for the flexibility. does anyone know a what model K&N filter to get for a 98 tib? i really want to get the resonator taken out and some ABS piping put in with a K&N filter.
Dude, you're in Kansas? Come on down and me and Spike will help you out. Manhattan man. The lower one can be a bit of a pain unless you take your battery out first.
Old 06-11-2002, 12:11 AM

Random:
The resonator boxes are there for 2 reasons.
Replacing the whole stock setup after the MAF with a CAI will show colder intake air temps, an increase in throttle response, and depending on which CAI you go with, a large to moderate increase in engine intake noise.
I highly recommend the Random Special CAI. Easy to make and only cost about 80 bux canadian for the bits and parts and pieces. And it's oh so sexy sounding. Around 4500 rpm, just floor it and it absolutely growls. Makes all the rice kiddies turn their heads to see the shark growl. =) Seriously, it's an easy easy mod to do and the ROI is huge! ( return on investment ) Next is the BBTB and bored IM, cam, header and exhaust.

Yum.

.w.
Old 06-11-2002, 04:44 AM

yeah i kinda figure out that the lower one is going to be a pain. i was thinking about jacking up my car and trying to go in from under my car.
Old 06-11-2002, 05:56 AM

redzman: i wish i could come down and meet you guys but i am only 15 and manhatten is alittle out of my driving range.
Old 06-11-2002, 06:19 AM

mtx98tib:
yeah i kinda figure out that the lower one is going to be a pain. i was thinking about jacking up my car and trying to go in from under my car.
Actually, just remove your battery ... it's a cinch to get at that second one after that. The bolt that is towards the front of the car is a real pig to get at, from top or bottom. And because of it's location, you can't really get a good grip with an extension ... i just used a 10mm wrench closed end and lots of repeats of turn 6 degrees, bump, flip wrench, 6 degrees, bump, flip, etc.

.w.
Old 06-11-2002, 01:44 PM

mtx98tib:
redzman: i wish i could come down and meet you guys but i am only 15 and manhatten is alittle out of my driving range.
Woahhh!!

15 and got your own Tib?

Lucky bastard. Well, if you jack it up make sure you put jack stands under it so's you don't hurt yourself. It's easy, only 3 bolts if I remember right. I did it all from under the hood, it'd be easier like I said if you take the battery out first.
Old 06-11-2002, 02:16 PM

yeah i took out my battery and everything and got it out in no time. but with my great luck the day that i get this done it storms like no other. no i just got to get up to autozone to get a k&n ordered so i can get my stock filter off.