Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

'03 DIY CAI

Old 05-13-2002, 02:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, yes there is substantially better sound from the engine at high revs. I'd agree with Dixieflatline's comment that it "growls".

It also seems to have more torque at higher RPM ranges. As for air flow - I'm not an expert so Random might want to answer this, but I can't imagine that my engine is getting "too much air". It seems to be a fairly accepted practice to remove the restrictions on air flow to an engine, as well as to provide cooler air once the restrictions are removed.

I don't think I really did anything different then SR, AEM, KORE, etc. will do with their intakes (except maybe the use of all the couplers). I was just too impatient to wait for a commercial one to be realeased.
Old 05-13-2002, 04:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: '99 Accent

yea, thanks for your reply pahaake... although a commercial intake is already out, but for sure, you're home made CAI is definitely a lot cheaper than AEM's. around 200 cheaper. i'm also considering doing the same mod, but my concern is the airflow. my friend said that the commercial ones are tested for proper air flow already, that's why it's more advisable. but if this works and there's no problem, i would rather save that money and put it into some other mods. if Random can give some input about this, i'll appreciate it. thanks