Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

@$#& This Throttle Body...

Old 09-13-2005 | 09:25 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I just PM'ed you mang, I'm pretty sure ABQElantra figured out the problem you were having.

Contact me ASAP via IM if you can so we can find out, then we'll post the issue and fix here.
Old 09-14-2005 | 07:17 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

I swapped him TBs.
When I first got his, I installed it and the TB was really f***ed. It would randomly accel/decel.

I seem to have fixed the problem, but am still having a few minor issues. Either I need a new TPS or the pulleys are touching or my throttle cable is too tight.
The issue now is that the idle changes all the time and sometimes the car will die with the clutch in or in neutral. For example, if I am at a stop light the car will idle at like 1700, but if I rev it up it will drop to 1200, then if i rev it again it will finally idle normally. Sometimes the car just stalls and the clutch can be all the way in.
Old 09-14-2005 | 10:10 PM

That BBTB is shit.

The holes for the coolant nipples, you know what I'm talking about. Creates a vaccum leak like CRAZY on the airram.
Old 09-14-2005 | 10:18 PM

REDZ this is not an OEM style. It's GTR.

I'll contact you/ABQ and explain what I did to fix it and maybe you can help me with the problems I'm currently having, although first I am going to simply try a new TPS.
Old 09-14-2005 | 10:19 PM

Try a new TPS, I thought he said it was a SR TB, the old style they made.

LOL

Try a new TPS, and check your butterfly to see if it's binding.
Old 09-14-2005 | 10:27 PM

Butterfly is fine, I am actually worried that the pulleys are touching again.
First thing I did was had to soak it all in acetone for a day to get all the JB Weld off, then I took it apart and noticed that SharkPimp apparently tried to swap his OEM pulley onto it (to make his cruise work?) and actually it was kind of ghetto rigged, he put the OEM THROTTLE pulley on it had that little shoe cut off of it. So what I did was took it all off and reassembled the pulleys with a nylon spacer between them because the way he had it the two pulleys were touching each other. Also you could not install the throttle cable the way he had it unless you took the nut off of the end of the TB. Hope that makes sense. Anyway, like I said, it's finally DRIVEABLE, it just stalls often and has idle issues. No CEL though. It may also be my throttle cable because after the TB install the gas pedal had a lot of play in it before it would catch, so I tightened the throttle cable now. I am worried about what SharkPimp said about the TB being manufactured wrong (as it IS SR) and spitting out bad Fuel Ratios..hmmm maybe once my car-puter is done I will be able to tell wink1.gif

BTW, why is there a green O-Ring with KEFICO TPS's, I've owned two Dae Sungs and never seen this??
Old 09-15-2005 | 08:19 AM

^^^
To keep waterout.