Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifications to your Normally Aspirated Hyundai engine. Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat back Exhaust...etc.

*pic* Thoughts on Forced engineBay intake

Old 11-29-2001, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *pic* Thoughts on Forced engineBay intake

Old 11-29-2001, 10:41 PM

Uhhh....

No. That's not a turbocharged setup.
It is a good setup, there, FastShark. In order to make it a "true" pressurized system, though, you would need to fabricate a (somewhat) sealed airbox around the filter that your air inlet would feed into. Then, at speed, the air being forced in through the headlight hole would then all be trapped in the box, creating positive air pressure in the box. I say "somewhat sealed" because you'd still want to have a drain hole in the box for any water you happened to collect during bad-weather driving.
Old 11-30-2001, 01:54 AM

Humm lets not forget the legalities of a removed running lamp.
Old 11-30-2001, 04:23 AM

Thats a high beam isn't it? Is it illegal to run without high beams?
Old 11-30-2001, 06:11 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Your best bet though is just get a good CAI *cough*SR*cough* Or build some kind of ram air type of unit where the hose/piping comes from the bottom of the bumper or fender well.
Old 11-30-2001, 07:42 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Sonata

Hey fastshark,i have a question...Where is your battery???Mine is where you have the pipe,in front of the filter.Also Lago is right he knows what he's saying. Your filter will have much more air to eat......Also in my opinion if you use a heat wrap around the header it would be better. wink.gif
Old 11-30-2001, 11:46 AM

it would benifit you more by getting a heat shielded intake and then running the 3 in tube from the head light to the air filter sealing off any open space.you also want to ttry to get it as smooth as possible especially the bends because the smoother the air flow is the easier it is to get to your intake.
his battery is in the trunk but what i want to know is where is the maf is it right by the throttle body nad how did you take it out without breaking it.?
Old 12-01-2001, 06:02 AM

Thats not my ride. just from a deep linked late night tiburon search hunt. I'm assuming the battery is relocated into the trunk. and as far as the header goes...that looks to be powder coated.
Old 12-02-2001, 03:00 PM

I think the setup looks ok but the biggest problem I see is when it rains it will be like running a garden hose right into the intake. So to me thats not a good setup go with a KORE or SR cai intake alot easier. Oh and when you go and get the car inspected they won't pass the car because of the light being missing and it's probably illegal it just all depends on if the 5o notices it or not.