The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

What, me worry?

Old 02-03-2008, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

97DerekTiburon, please report to sarcasm 101. Zman is an admin on the site, and you have to learn to take what he says in stride. If you notice he does tell you everything you wanted to know. He is RDT's bouncer and has invested a great amount of time and money in this site.

Let it go and learn and youll be fine.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:40 AM

1) I had no idea he was so sensitive. I would NEVER have written such things had I known it was going to cause such a problem. I really need to bite my tongue before I hurt someone's feelings again. My bad.

2) I've been "warned" to not quote the post before mine. "Warned"? Why? Why is it an option if it's not to be used? I haven't been scolded like that since I was what, 10 years old?

3) And why is it that I got about 4 or 5 replies that were not only helpful (thanks guys) but mangaed to not write things like "WTF" and basically talk down to me? And when the vitriol is returned in kind, I get banned? So it's ok to give it but don't you dare give it back?

4) This'll surely get me banned, maybe for life so I'd just like to say thanks again guys.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:03 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

97DT,
He is not sensitive, he does come off abrasive sometimes.

The whole quote above thing, im not quite sure as in a quick glance of http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=11231 I don't see anything about that. Im sure RedZman will elaborate as he will most likely be back to comment.

On to your 3rd point, On the internet, if you tell a SITE ADMIN to F off or imply it, I wouldn't expect them to tolerate it much either. Back to my point that he pays part of the bills. If I were to walk into your house and tell you to F' off...Im sure you see where thats going.

4) You may just get your warning but picking a fight with Zman is a sure fire way to a long vacation from RDT.

Im trying to help ya bud. My advice is you got your answer to just leave this one go bud.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:06 PM

I know you're right. Consider it dropped. Although it may be too late! cool.gif Just know that if you were a guest in my house and asked a simple question, I would answer it to the best of my ability and not talk down to you for no reason. But that's just who I am.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Don't post off topic. This has been split.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (97DerekTiburon @ Feb 4 2008, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>1) I had no idea he was so sensitive. I would NEVER have written such things had I known it was going to cause such a problem. I really need to bite my tongue before I hurt someone's feelings again. My bad.

2) I've been "warned" to not quote the post before mine. "Warned"? Why? Why is it an option if it's not to be used? I haven't been scolded like that since I was what, 10 years old?

3) And why is it that I got about 4 or 5 replies that were not only helpful (thanks guys) but mangaed to not write things like "WTF" and basically talk down to me? And when the vitriol is returned in kind, I get banned? So it's ok to give it but don't you dare give it back?

4) This'll surely get me banned, maybe for life so I'd just like to say thanks again guys.</div>

1. I'm about the least sensitive guy around. I doubt any of the folks that have been here as long as me have seen my "feelings hurt".

2. Warned. Yup. We have a warning system and use it. I told you to read the site rules, so I'd suggest you do so. It is an option because it comes on the software and our techs have been lazy and not fixed it since the software update. If you haven't been scolded since you were 10, it's probably time for it to happen, we all need it now and then. We forgive you.

3. If you HONESTLY think that was talking down to you, you need to go re read it, and maybe read some of my TALKING DOWN posts. You and others were b****ing, again, about the search engine and the way it works, so I posted that it has been discussed in the RECENT past, and that your search terms wouldn't find anything. I've had to explain this to dozens of new users on this site. I'm sorry, you won't find a thread for "how do I swap brakes from drum to disk" in the search engine. Short searches, of commonly used terms, will show results. "brake swap", "disk conversion", ect. I do NOT allow my staff here to be talked down to, so I can guarantee you, with my time as valuable as it is to me, I won't be either.

4. No, you won't be banned again. Well, wait, yes you will. LOL Your ban ended early because of site software upgrade, if you don't belive me, ask Javageek. Mind the site rules, and you won't be banned. No worries, you get 20 total warnings, you have 3 so far. We just had our first member get banned via warnings about 4 months ago, and it took what, 4 years? You'll be fine.