The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Well there went my car...

Old 02-11-2005 | 11:05 AM

You might want to take a look at your clutch fluid level. If it's low you may have pushed some air in there which will not fully release the clutch. Just a thought. In case you're wondering, it is next to the brake master cylinder and uses brake fluid also. Good luck.
Old 02-11-2005 | 12:04 PM

Yeah check your fluid, same thing happened to me on the freeway once. Clutch fluid started leaking and my clutch engagement slowly got worse. I had to walked a mile to a walgreens to buy some clutch fluid and tools wink1.gif.

Did the clutch pedal feel normal? You should be able to feel if you are disengaging the clutch or not.
Old 02-11-2005 | 12:10 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Bleh... why try and get it all the way to work? Really does sound like a release bearing, which would have been a not costly fix. Now, that you tried to drive with it like that, your clutch is either gone or will die soon.
Old 02-11-2005 | 12:55 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Yes it would have been a "not costly" fix....but definetely check out your clutch and if it engages properly after replacing bearing. That way, after you replace bearing and it starts acting up again, you won;t think the replacement wasn't needed you'll know it's the clutch this time......hope you can understand...??
Old 02-11-2005 | 02:58 PM

I went to 'tuffy' since wal mart wouldn't do it, he wrote me up a price (without looking at the car) and said it was the..pressure plate, and it would cost ~833 for him to do it, so I guess im supposed to show that to the dealer...
And yeah, now when I hold in the clutch the car still moves forward, so when IM stopped i have to hold the clutch in, brake so I don't move, and gas so i keep rpm's from going to 0.....

I went to work cuz i was already pretty far there before it got really bad.
Yeah im pretty sure my clutch is almost gone now, it's gushy lol..
But i was going to replace my clutch/flywheel anyway.
How do I check the clutch fluid level?
Old 02-11-2005 | 03:56 PM

Wow, that's quite a task pushing the clutch, brake, and gas all at the same time!! poke.gif

To check the clutch fluid level, open up the hood and on the drivers side right up near the firewall you'll see the plastic thing where you would fill it up. If you follow the piping up from the slave cylinder that's the one.
Old 02-11-2005 | 03:59 PM

Lol I know isn't it?
Um..wow, such...large engrossive terms..
Perhaps laid back "this pipe to that opening about there..." would be a little better..or just tell me what the symbol on the cap is and I can prolly find it.
Old 02-11-2005 | 04:05 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (a_gut)</div><div class='quotemain'>Wow, that's quite a task pushing the clutch, brake, and gas all at the same time!! poke.gif</div>

I take it you don't rev-match when you downshift. LOL.

He said driver's side right near the firewall. Either that, or look in your manual. Very useful, if you don't have one I would buy one...
Old 02-11-2005 | 04:25 PM

Actually I do rev-match..thank you very much..
Well I'm not entirely sure what the firewall is. I guess ill google it lol..
see if I can find one not intended about computers..
Old 02-11-2005 | 04:53 PM

Was talking to a_gut if you were paying attention. tongue.gif

Anyway, I'll give you a hint on the firewall. Its a wall designed to keep fire from your engine from entering the passenger compartment. (Its the back wall of your engine bay). tongue.gif

BTW, I hope your not driving around with it still. You could fubar the tranny and turn an $800 fix into a $1900 fix.