The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Well there went my car...

Old 02-11-2005 | 06:13 AM

Default Well there went my car...

I was driving to work, happy cuz I was finally gonna make it on time. So I pull up to a stoplight, let off the gas pedal. And my rpms shot down to 0, so I was like fawk, but It didn't die cuz i floor'd the pedal. So I was like ok w/e im taking it to the dealer this weekend so whatever.
Light turns green, I try to put it into first, and I literally have to put half my body strength into it to get it to go into gear. Then I realize it's the same with second.
Next stop light, nope, first gear isn't gonna work, at all, I'll break my shifter off before it goes into 1st. Second, I BARELY get it into, by luck no doubt.
The final stopsign before I get to work, first is a no go, cant put it in and when I try, it grinds really bad. Second, same as first, grinds like im half-way in gear and hitting the gas, when I couldn't even move the shifter to 2nd, and my foot was off the gas. So I was forced to put it into 3rd, and pretty much floor it because I was stopped....
So now Ima take it to wal mart today and see if they can figure out whats wrong, and attempt to make it to the dealer which is like 30 mins away...
Old 02-11-2005 | 06:17 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

I don't know much about trannies, but if the clutch doesn't disengage won't it do that? Makes sense to me that it would bog down your engine to the point of 0 rpm.
Old 02-11-2005 | 06:28 AM

You mean like, I let off the clutch but it's actually..still...acting like it's pushed in when it isn't? Eg. engaged..lol
Old 02-11-2005 | 06:55 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Yeah, like its stuck to the flywheel. I am not very mechanically inclined with auto engines and transmissions, just a guess.
Old 02-11-2005 | 06:55 AM

Did your emergancy road side assitance expire already? If not, you could've used that to get your car to the dealer.
Old 02-11-2005 | 08:21 AM

Well im at work right now, this happened just this morning. Im gonna try to 3rd-gear it over to wal mart, and if I have to get it towed to the dealer 02.gif

Getting my CF wing delivered to work too.... 02.gif
Old 02-11-2005 | 09:03 AM

why are you even bothering with walmart? It does sound like either your clutch went.. or your tranny is so low on gear oil that you started to sieze it up.
Old 02-11-2005 | 09:50 AM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

Actually the wal-marts in florida have pretty good service. in florida, wal-mart is like home depot.

hmm... flywheel went bad?

i'm sure it's not a big deal. but it's good that you made it safely.
Old 02-11-2005 | 10:07 AM

Cuz i dont have time to go to the dealer today, and I would like to get an idea of what is wrong with it.
That and I don't know how to get there so im probably gonna (if i can drive) have someone come with me that knows how to get there since it's in the next town.
Old 02-11-2005 | 10:42 AM

Worst case : Clutch is gone,

Best case : Your Release bearing is stuck on (like Java said) as if the clutch is still engaged in a gear. But by the way you were describing to me how to try to drive it afterwords, you've probably f'd up your clutch and flywheel....