The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Welcome To My Problems

Old 02-22-2006 | 02:02 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

There are a few things I just want to let OUT.

-First off, Maryland SUCKS f***ing ASS. The mud is all over my car, inside it's dirty as hell and I cleaned it all out. Clean it one day spick n' span, the next day there's a bunch of dirt. I mean there's mud inside of the speakers, all over the floor, dust freeking everywhere.

-My Formula 2 Bumper I spent $1300 on has taken a beating. All this driving in this damn state caused there to be tons of stone chips on the fiberglass. If the car were any lower the bumper would be annihalated. Potholes are toilet sized and never repaired, my own street has three of them. Driving in the city streets is like driving on city stairs.

-I have a cracked rim, which caused three brand new $150 Kumho MX's to be replaced ($550 total) and now is causing a flat so every week I go to the pump where theres asshole Maryland people not letting you use the shit because they got 3 more tires to do in front of your three seconds.

-Either I have misplaced the KEY to my wheel locks, or they were stolen from me. I never recall taking it out of the glovebox. So I cannot replace the rim.

-The evaporation cannister SUCKS ASS. It's malfunctioning my brain. The sensors I extended probably caused a short in my computer fuse, one thing is for sure, the power door locks aren't power anymore even though all the fuses are fine.

GOD help me. I don't even know what to do about this wheel lock shit. It's a standard hex shape, nothing too drastic, but you definitely need the key to get the lugs off.

-On top of all this, I got TONS of homework and school work to get to. And there are absolutely NO hot girls anywhere to ease the days... 0% girls in Maryland. Z E R O.
Old 02-22-2006 | 02:11 PM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

that sucks!!!

we have crappy roads in UA too... so I know what are you talking about...

as for the lug nut - you can weld a usual nut or bolt on top of secret lug-nut, so you can use a wrench to unscrew it. This is how UA guys do it... (btw, you will need new lug nut after that).
Old 02-22-2006 | 02:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Sorry to hear that man. I know exactly how you feel..my car is totally dead! I hope everything works out for you..as for girls I guess you just have to move out of maryland to find some! hehe. Good luck.
Old 02-22-2006 | 03:15 PM

Dont complain about the roads until you come to PA... I just had my front bumper repaired, thank god I didnt mold it on (but who does anyway). PENDOT sucks, im sorry but nothing ever gets fixed here either. You have to drive like a deer in headlights looking for ways to get away from the damn potholes, uneven pavement, and all the other shit that breaks my car haha. good luck getting all the above mentioned things figured out, I'm sure you can easily get a hex for your tires from an auto parts store.
-D.Quick
Old 02-22-2006 | 03:52 PM

Thanks guys, it's good to let some of that pressure just out... and to have my favorite forum help me out.

If I don't find them soon like I hope then i have a mechanic, you're right, maybe could weld some metal into the lugs to take them out. those things are well within the rim, it would have to be a good welding job. thanks for the advice. yeah in Poland don't even ask!! there are no actual roads. the kinds of roads that you would be talking about would be mesopotamian trade route roads or something! and people never wash their cars there. cars are like pigs over there. they have to be built for the mud. i've just now realized i always have grown up with mud all over the place, so i might as well play in it... when i was a kid in poland i would speed my bycicle up for water puddles lift up my legs and watch the splash go everywhere! maybe that's why i like rally cars so much, no?

swift, yeah i read your article about the car. that SUCKS. it's exactly what i was talking about. no connections, and a lot of pampering. with a turbo on our cars, it's really not that easy unless you got some close hookups who are willing to do you favors, come over and tell you what the heck is the matter. i really wish you get that repaired soon. now i know i don't have it as bad as you... but that doesn't make me feel better. good luck, and remember the more time you spend with it the faster it will get resolved.

dquick, i heard about PA!! I heard nothing gets done. probably worse than here! the problem here is that there are tons of never ending cars going through oying. there's this one ditch hole in the road that hasn't been fixed since i was about 10 years old... it sucks that you had to get you car fixed. man, it just makes me think if modding our cars is really worth it. i thought once i get everything done you never have to touch it again. now it's really like, "oops, there goes another tire, another rim, another bumper, shell out 2 months worth of work for one lousy unnecessary misfortune!"

i hope in PA everything is more scattered around than it is here. if i ever knew what was coming to me when i first began to mod this car, i really, really would have never done it in the first place. the tiburon is the perfect city college student beater, the only reason i love this car is because everything is perfect in it. i my car loks way hotter than any GK I park next to. I also love this car because it has rally history (Formula 2 Evo II) but i guess rallying has its points. sure the cars don't ever look as good as on some of the tarmac courses, San Remo, Catalunya, Corsica, but the gravel tires and the lifted suspension is there for a reason... Now I'm really glad I didn't lower my car.
Old 02-22-2006 | 05:09 PM

^I didnt know you were Polish??? lol so am I. smile.gif Yes, the roads in Poland are not actually roads..just like some towns are not really towns cause their like a block long lol.

Everything will work out for you man, I know its hard. Im frustrated too but in the end I know all will work out. Things just take time. smile.gif
Old 02-23-2006 | 09:05 PM

Swift, just you and your mountain bike and the polish countryside on the nicest summer day... sounds like fun? no? me and a friend (pro byciclist) rode 15 miles that day within 6 hours. after our picknick, the girls headed back and we decided we would beat them taking the long way home. big mistake!! after hours and hours pf pedaling as fast as you can possibly go on a bike through all kinds of dusty, rocky, muddy terrain we got home 4 hours late at dusk covered in bugs, mud, and sweat. but it was suuuure worth it. i love the countryside, the flat lands, the farms untouched by society... it's so green in the summer and so beautiful. (i've only seen it during the summer, with the exception of one snow covered winter) we sure lost the bet, but the polish guy admitted he wanted to test american might. you should have seen my face when i found out!! haha... but even after all of the work, it was truly worth the...well, race. just you, your bike, and polish cows to pass you by.

i'm so pissed right now i want to MOVE! and what's worse is i can't go to Poland this summer because I'm trying to go to school. WOW... this sucks. Yay, let's get driven off the road by dirt sacks in Maryland some more!!!!! Swear, this state would be SUCH a beautiful state if it weren't bogged down by trash and people who throw it all over the place.
Old 02-23-2006 | 09:28 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Tiburon

when i had my rims put on i lost my key too i never took it but it disapeared. well all they did was take a socket hammer it on and impact the lug nuts off. if u take your car to a tire place they will do this for u too. its not that big of a deal.

u have pot holes i have pot holes every1 has potholes. now the mud part it has to get into your car somehow. i bet your the one geting it dirty rite? just be more clean wipe your shoes off before u get in take a rag with you and wipe it off.

the canist part man i dunno what u did but i have had no trouble with it at all. i knew that extending wires would cause trouble. i still think there is something wrong with your sensor because that is what gives the codes to the ecu and the canister is realy just a vacum and doesn't really do much. if your really that pissed about the canister take it to the dealer n have um fix it. get it over with.
Old 02-23-2006 | 10:45 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HyundaiKitCoupe @ Feb 23 2006, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Swift, just you and your mountain bike and the polish countryside on the nicest summer day... sounds like fun? no? me and a friend (pro byciclist) rode 15 miles that day within 6 hours. after our picknick, the girls headed back and we decided we would beat them taking the long way home. big mistake!! after hours and hours pf pedaling as fast as you can possibly go on a bike through all kinds of dusty, rocky, muddy terrain we got home 4 hours late at dusk covered in bugs, mud, and sweat. but it was suuuure worth it. i love the countryside, the flat lands, the farms untouched by society... it's so green in the summer and so beautiful. (i've only seen it during the summer, with the exception of one snow covered winter) we sure lost the bet, but the polish guy admitted he wanted to test american might. you should have seen my face when i found out!! haha... but even after all of the work, it was truly worth the...well, race. just you, your bike, and polish cows to pass you by.
i'm so pissed right now i want to MOVE! and what's worse is i can't go to Poland this summer because I'm trying to go to school. WOW... this sucks. Yay, let's get driven off the road by dirt sacks in Maryland some more!!!!! Swear, this state would be SUCH a beautiful state if it weren't bogged down by trash and people who throw it all over the place.</div>

Yea its just so beautiful there..I miss it. Id go too but tickets are super expensive.

Yea potholes suck..where I am in NJ they are everywhere. I actually bent my rim on a hidden pothole..I was so pissed. I was driving and then boom! I hit a hole. Ugh forget about 280 West..so many potholes and the road is the steepest road I have ever been on. Thats where my tib messed up the first time..its because your car is under load forever. I hate central NJ roads. Ive never been to maryland so I dont know how it is over there but from your point of view I see it kinda sucks lol. NJ is misunderstood though..North NJ is real nice and so is south NJ..its just central NJ thats over crowded and trashy.
Old 02-24-2006 | 04:19 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

HKC, I feel your pain mate but you need to put things into perspective...

You have huge potholes where you live? Mate there are huge potholes everywhere! Memorise where they are like everyone else does & soon they'll become the occasional fun obstacle that livens up that otherwise boring drive smile.gif

Your bumper needs paint? Take solice in the knowledge that you have a killer bumper that is super rare smile.gif

You have lost your lock-nut key? Take the car into a wheel/tire place as SilentSecret suggested; they'll get the lock-nuts off quick-smart smile.gif

You botched your EVAP relocation? I don't know why you don't just remove the fvcker like everyone else has done... You'll be much happier once you do smile.gif

There are no girls where you live? Hmmm... (scratches head)... Speak to Long... Maybe he can give you tips on how to get around that one lmao.gif j/k

Seriously though, I really hope everything works out for you in the end mate fing02.gif