The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Unhappy Buyer! Bent My Sideskirts To Save On Shipping

Old 10-30-2007 | 02:37 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Ok don, I really did not want to do this, but so far you have ignored me and my last PM. I feel that members should know the situation, especially since you are selling other parts on this forum. This thread is simply to get your attention. Get back to me ASAP about the situation with the sideskirts. I am sending you ANOTHER PM right now.

Basically we have a disagreement to a sale that was fullfilled for a pair of side skirts. The skirts I saw in the pics on the for-sale-thread where straight and in good cosmetic and structural condition. When I got them, he bent them in half to save on shipping. To make a long story short, I want a full refund PLUS the shipping costs to get these ruined body parts back to him. So far he is either refusing and/or ignoring my requests.

Topic is discussed in more detail here:

Side skirts Sale Thread
Old 10-30-2007 | 02:59 AM
DTN

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^ dude, good luck.

I'll buy them from you for $50 if you'd like. Send them the way they are. They ARE ABS right? Assuming so, I have the ability to repair them.
Old 10-30-2007 | 03:06 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

tThat may be a great idea man! thanks! I'm ging to give this member a chance to get on here and present his side and try to resolve this, if anything to help him save face on the forums. If that doesnt happen and you are still interested, we'll work something out. fing02.gif

I believe they are ABS plastic, they are the stock skirts from an 01.
Old 10-30-2007 | 03:37 AM
DTN

OH. They looked like aftermarket skirts. I'm sorry... I wouldn't be interested. I should have read better.

You can unbend and reform them with a heat gun on the back and a cold rag on the front. Use just enough heat to get the job done but don't go overboard. You can then use an ABS repair kit on it to fill in the cracks. Then have any damage repainted.
Old 10-30-2007 | 05:05 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger

there has GOT to be some LEGAL way to get your money back... if all else fails you can try to use the "he did a bait-and-switch" thing. i know thats illegal of course, on his part, but he told you he was selling you something (striaght skirts) that he didnt because they werent what you bought. you bought the straight ones but he sent you bent ones... 02.gif
Old 10-30-2007 | 06:45 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

1. Post pictures.

2. Contact Paypal.

After the pics are up, I will suspend his Classifieds privliages here until he fixes the problem.
Old 10-30-2007 | 06:50 AM

He posted pictures in one of the other threads, and it looks like he already tried paypal.
Old 10-30-2007 | 07:54 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

File a paypal complaint. You'll get your money back.

Also don8896 your an idiot, it would of been cheaper wrapped and left straight. I work with couriers every week, the way you bent them adds more volume to your shipping. Lower density, the higher shipping cost. If you left them straight up, they don't occupy as much space on a truck than bending them into triangles.
Old 10-30-2007 | 08:31 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

How did he ship them?

Greyhound would have charged like $25 to ship those.
Old 10-30-2007 | 09:40 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

NOW THATS f***ED UP.. What the hell you thinking. don you better fix that now. you made a mistake now do what is right, what if someone sent shit to you like that would you be happy.. or are you going to be a b**** that right.. the man has no class and no sense hell a korean would not have f*** up that bad..

i would not be suprised if you dont hear anything from him... his papal addy says it all Mustangperformance... lazy ass me'guks

i hope you get your money back,

damit i piss off. when people pull shit like that.,