The Char Pit Post all rants & flames in here. No personal attacks will be allowed though.

Tsb #05-01-001

Old 02-11-2005 | 08:52 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

^^^ Your car's registered in PA right? It must be a PA thing tongue.gif Were always slow here tongue.gif:

Hrmm, should this really be in gripes? It is more informational than anything.
Old 02-11-2005 | 10:23 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

i haven't gotten nething either...
Old 02-15-2005 | 08:12 AM

i never got a letter, but i puller a carfax on my car, and it was listed as a recall, my apointment is on the 22nd of this month. ive been livng with this crack and no top end for almost two years now, be nice to finally fix it.

side note, when they replace yor exhaust mani, is it just the mani, or is the first cat also included? it all looks like one part, and my cat i know is getting bad
Old 02-15-2005 | 05:26 PM

Yeah, I got that TSB also.
Old 02-25-2005 | 07:54 AM

well heres the update, dropped off the car at 9 like i was told too. at 3, thay call me, tell me that theres no crack, so there not fixing it, this is when i get vocal with choice words asking him how retarded his mechanics are that they cant see a crack on the very top of the manifold. he told me that i must have been mistakin. ( mani has been cracked for almost 2 years now, u can seriousely see into the inside)
so i drive to the hyundai dealer, make them pull my car back into the bay, pop the hood, use the mechanic's tools, pull the heat shield off, and show them the crack. there excuse, 'we didnt look there, its usually cracked somewhere else.'

well then they said they would fix it, so im back at work pretty pissed, ring ring, phone rings again, hyundai calling, this cant be good. he tells me that if they replace my manifold, that there going to have to charge me to get it to line up with my exhaust. now my exhuast is stock, and ive never touched it since the day i bought the damn car in 2001. so i go pick up my car, call the corporate hyundai office, have a nice chat with a helpful young man, and im supposed to get a call today from the rock river hyundai to make an apointment, we shall see how that goes. im seriousely getting tired of these jokes that hyundai calls warentees....
Old 02-25-2005 | 08:48 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xxxmonoxidechild)</div><div class='quotemain'>well heres the update, dropped off the car at 9 like i was told too. at 3, thay call me, tell me that theres no crack, so there not fixing it, this is when i get vocal with choice words asking him how retarded his mechanics are that they cant see a crack on the very top of the manifold. he told me that i must have been mistakin. ( mani has been cracked for almost 2 years now, u can seriousely see into the inside)
so i drive to the hyundai dealer, make them pull my car back into the bay, pop the hood, use the mechanic's tools, pull the heat shield off, and show them the crack. there excuse, 'we didnt look there, its usually cracked somewhere else.'

well then they said they would fix it, so im back at work pretty pissed, ring ring, phone rings again, hyundai calling, this cant be good. he tells me that if they replace my manifold, that there going to have to charge me to get it to line up with my exhaust. now my exhuast is stock, and ive never touched it since the day i bought the damn car in 2001. so i go pick up my car, call the corporate hyundai office, have a nice chat with a helpful young man, and im supposed to get a call today from the rock river hyundai to make an apointment, we shall see how that goes. im seriousely getting tired of these jokes that hyundai calls warentees....</div>

Sounds like a pretty serious problem if you ask me. I went into my local Hyundai dealership and told them I bought my car around Thanksgiving and that is had an exhaust rattle and they said to take it to their shop and set up an appointment. Haven't done it yet, but now with the recall and the lock button on my remote not locking the door I may just have to take mine in.